Consumer Reports Calls Out Hannah Montana on Seatbelts

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chuck, Feb 12, 2008.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck just the messenger

    65% of fatalities 13-15 years were not wearing seatbelts.

    [xfloat=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/MILEY_CYRUS.jpg[/xfloat] Consumer Reports - Feb 11, 2008

    Not directly fuel-econcomy related, wearing seatbelt is something we should all do - Ed

    Many parents would agree that 15-year-old superstar Hannah Montana, a.k.a. Miley Cyrus, is a good role model for kids. But a gaffe in her Disney blockbuster 3-D movie, "Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" might challenge that opinion.

    Why? One scene in the movie shows Miley and her dad, country music star Billy Ray Cyrus, riding in the back seat of a Range Rover on the way to rehearsal for the concert tour. Neither was wearing a seat belt...[rm]http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/2008/02/hannah-montana.html[/rm]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  2. koreberg

    koreberg Junior Member

    This does not surprise me. 95% of those in the entertainment industry are not worthy as role models. The other 5% that might be, you never hear about.

    But people are foolish, and believe because they're on TV that they're worthy of being looked up to. There are plenty of people you can meet in your daily life that are far more worthy of being a role model than any of these entertainers. Especially when you look at the teenage ones.
     

Share This Page