smart fortwo

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Skwyre7, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who reserved a smart fortwo back in April. He's been keeping me up to date on the information he gets. (I actually get more info from the blurbs posted on here. :D) Anyway, he received an email newsletter from smart the other day regarding the smart dealership network:

More on the dealerships:

Note: The list of dealership that I removed includes the approximate opening dates of each center. I can post that information if it is desired.

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Hm... I'll have to check out the one in Bloomington!

3. 99HXCivic

99HXCivic Well-Known Member

How much will the Smart cost? It's not worth over $11,500 for me!

4. Skwyre7

I think the main drawback id the price. Once you get the options you want, the price starts getting close to the Yaris or Fit range. Still cheaper, but too close to not have a back seat. ;)

5. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Do you not get the deisel model in the US. They get very good FE with them! 60- 70mpg. You would think the gas model would come in with #'s above 50 mpg without even trying?H

6. desdemona

desdemona Well-Known Member

I noticed the price thing last time I checked. I would like a back seat.
    I do think that you might be able to get much improved FE by driving unaggressively and following speed limits. (I would wonder what, was it Xcel, would think about that.) We know the current EPA includes vast amts. of aggressive driving, etc. etc.

--des

7. Skwyre7

Harold,

We don't get the diesel version in the US. At least not yet. I don't know what will happen in the future, but I can hope...

8. 99HXCivic

99HXCivic Well-Known Member

Some people automatically think small cars are a death trap - that's why they drive big SUVs and trucks.

9. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

10. deezle

deezle Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  11. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

12. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

That was real good!!! H