'nother xB

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Kinder, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Kinder

Kinder Well-Known Member

Hello folks--

Just got a Scangauge so I figured it was time to join... I don't get many chances to hypermile since my year-round commuter is a 1973 Raleigh 10 speed (a 3 mile round trip in a dry climate helps make this a reality), but I do take many weekend trips, and my xB has wound up getting regular use as my other half now works on the outside fringe of town. She gets to use the xB since our other car is a Nissan 4x4 reserved for remote mountain trips in the interior of Nevada (a 91 with only 61k miles). It moves 2x a month, but saves the Scion from a premature death via a rock to the oil pan. She hates driving over 60, so her FE is pretty similar to mine.

Got the xB new in Feb. 06 when I refused to buy anything that wasn't rated at 30mpg combined but could still haul alot of gear/bikes when staying to the maintained roadways. Have tracked 80% of fill-ups, but unfortunately have not kept the records... usually get 32-35, tank high of 37.8, but with some help from this forum should be able to crack 40!

Later,
    K

Reno, NV

2. Daox

Daox Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. Start keeping a mileage log steadly and you'll see what can really be done with the car.

3. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

Yay! Finally another hypermiler from Reno! Welcome to CleanMPG, to both you and your wife.

4. Himmitch

Himmitch Well-Known Member

It's nice to see another XB driver.

5. Kinder

Kinder Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for the welcomes--just confirms my impression that I had much in common with the members. Gotta love the 1.5l Toyota engine in whatever package its in. Just wish my 5th gear was same as in the Yaris.

It's surprising there aren't more members from Reno, with the cost of fuel here! Good driving challenges with the terrain to factor in, too--my next tank should be better as I filled up on the other side of Donner Pass last weekend and more or less coasted 40 of the miles home (coming back from Nevada City area).