PriusChat refugees

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Family' started by Doc Willie, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

PriusChat has been down for nearly two days now due to software upgrades. Some of us are going into withdrawal.

We will meet here for group support.

2. diamondlarry

diamondlarry Super MPG Man/god :D

Is this anything like the symptoms that the Binar's suffered when their computer crashed?:D

3. Neicy

Neicy Well-Known Member

It's almost over Doc. I've gotten info that it's taking longer than Danny thought, but winding down. Everybody hang in there.

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I hope PriusChat comes up soon.

I've learned many things there and quite a few of my friends are over there.

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Doc:

___I did not know PC was down and we did not see but a small increase in traffic so they were probably all hanging out at GH or somewhere?

___I cannot wait to see what Danny’s work will produce!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

It originally sounded like it would be down for Thursday night and back up Friday morning...who ever thought a software upgrade would take an entire weekend? Oh well. It must be something more complex than a simple "plug and play" upgrade.

7. efusco

efusco He who posts articles

We're getting close, a couple of bugs during the conversion have slowed things down...Danny hasn't slept much since this process started!

There's a thread at hybridchat.com and you can see what bugs we're discussing.
    http://www.hybridchat.com/forums/freds-house-pancakes/1192-close-end-priuschat-update.html

The new site was turned on for a little while, but it's off for the time being. Should be back up soon though and it looks nice though the real cosmetic updates will come later...right now it's about functionality. He's moving to the same software that cleanmpg uses so functionality is similar.

8. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

Yo.
    Things like this always take longer than expected, especially
    if y'all are switching from IPB to vbulletin and trying to get
    a handle on all the config knobs on a different piece of
    software. Please take this a vote for taking your time, testing
    everything, don't go back live until you're really sure of how
    things are set up. Better to make 'em wait a little longer and
    come back to something solid than having to scramble later and
    write a ton of apologies...
    _H*

9. efusco

And I think that's what Danny's doing...
    There are going to be a few little clean up bugs to deal with..there are some errors in the signatures, some avatars look too big or odd and will need to be reuploaded. Some multiquoted old messages are giving some weird code. the quick reply isn't working right. and the PM boxes are showing up with every single PM you've ever recieved or sent!

But, Hobbit, you'll be glad to hear that all those PMs can be downloaded easily in your choice of XML, CSV, or Text format.

10. efusco

It's 11pm central time on Saturday. Mizzou and West Virginia both lost. The new software is still a little buggy and Danny's sleep deprived. So he's hanging it up for the night. I think we'll be back up by Sunday afternoon b/c the problems don't seem that huge, but we'll see when Danny gets back to work.

11. Neicy

Neicy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Thanks for your hard work Danny:Banane37: - and the super duper mod:D, and Tony & Galaxee too;).

12. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Over 56 hours . . . Must . . . not . . . try . . . to . . . log . . . on . . . to . . . PriusChat . . . every . . . ten . . . minutes . . . Must . . . not . . .

Seriously many thanks to Danny and all the other angels who make this labor of love (although I suspect that is not the emotion they are feeling at the moment) work for all of us.

13. diamondlarry

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!:D

14. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

And VA Tech won! :woot: Now they deserve a shot in the championship game!!

OK, back on topic. Evan, thanks for the updates, and many many thanks to Danny for his hard work.

It's interesting that PMs can be posted on PC. Daniel and I have had some PM dialog about my latest EV switch misadventures.

15. diamondlarry

I just checked and the forum is up but is currently set to read-only. Good luck Danny and keep up the awesome work.

16. brick

Up, apparently active, but I can't log in.

17. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Me neither. (Also posted on HybridChat.)

EDIT: I got in by resetting my password.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  18. brick

Same here, I'm back on after a reset.

19. Neicy

Neicy Well-Known Member

Forum is up and running with a few kinks to be worked out. But NO DANCING BANANAS:(

20. diamondlarry

I also am back on after a password reset and have successfully made my first post. Danny and his team are awesome!