Scangauge & TDI

Discussion in 'Volkswagen' started by halfnutz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. halfnutz

halfnutz new member

Does any one know if SCii will show EGT (exhaust gas temp)?, what about boost?
    Thanx for the help.

Halfnutz

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Halfnutz:

___If VW has a PID/code for it in the OBD-II data stream, the SG-II w/ XGAUGE can probably display it. You will have to program the SG-II to view those particular PID’s as they are definitely not available/viewable out of the box.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. halfnutz

halfnutz new member

OMG it's WAYNE,:eek:

JUST KIDDING:p

Thanks for the reply. once I get my SG I will check into it some more.

Thanks for a great website, It's doing good things!

Halfnutz

4. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

I've heard of people monitoring boost with Scangauges on TDI's but I don't recall anyone saying anything about EGT. If I recall correctly, boost was monitored by watching the manifold pressure, which is equal to atmospheric pressure + boost pressure. I think an atmosphere is around 14.7 PSI.

5. halfnutz

halfnutz new member

Thanks for the info. Hopfully I will have my SG by xmas and will be able to report back what I actually find. I am considering partialy blocking off the radiator therfore would like to monitor the EGT. I am sure it would be fine this winter but come warmer weather I still want the decrease in drag if there is any.

>halfnutz

6. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

You should double check this on tdiclub, but I think EGT is mostly related to the power being produced by the engine. Unless you're running with your foot on the floor for extended periods or have power upgrades, your EGT should be fine.

7. halfnutz

halfnutz new member

Thanks again, I will check TDIclub