Saturn Aura - 4cyl

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by 2TonJellyBean, Oct 14, 2007.

1. 2TonJellyBean

2TonJellyBean Well-Known Member

I have a friend looking for a car and wants something bigger but frugal. Any advice on this car? It's geared tall enough, but the 4 speed auto has big gearing spacing...

2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Can't think of anything wrong with it, off-hand. It would probably be a decent highway cruiser. For my money I would also look at 7th Gen ('03-'07) Accords with low miles, preferably with a stick. (Does the Aura have a MT option? Don't know, myself.) Those things have a great track record and I bet he could get a fantastic deal on a nearly new car by letting someone else pay for the initial depreciation.

3. 2TonJellyBean

2TonJellyBean Well-Known Member

She wants new and there aren't any 7th gen Accords to be had new unless they are full bling. Actually this'll be her first slushbox, she's always had sticks but is having major problems with her right shoulder, and a slushbox is easier than moving to a LHD country. ;)

4. firenurse4

firenurse4 Active Member

I didn't drive the 4 cyl, but I did drive an Aura as a loaner earlier this year. My wife and I enjoyed the car very much. I was able to average 30 mpg with highway driving according to the cars trip odometer.