What have YOU stuck/attatched to your car?

Discussion in 'My Ride' started by mistyz23, Sep 12, 2007.

1. mistyz23

mistyz23 Active Member

I'm so giddy. My "I heart Hypermiling" CleanMPG license plate holder just got here along with my 60MPG Euro Sticker. Now fellow forum members will be able say hello if they see me. My husband and I are total Mac fiends with no kids, so instead of the stickers that are little stick people representing each person in the family we are going to use Apple logos representing each of our highly used and loved toys. :bananalama:

What have you done to your car to make it unique? Any hybrid specific goodies? Any interesting bumper stickers or whatnot? Do share!

2. basjoos

basjoos Well-Known Member

What have I done to my car to make it unique? Lets see, where do I begin? A boattail, reshaped nose/grill block, reshaped windshield, wheel well skirts, underbody paneling (not that very many people see this). I would get less attention on the road if I were driving a Lamborghini, since to many non-car folks, a Lambo is just another variant on the sports car theme, whereas my car is an example of "Now for something completely different". Some of these goodies must be hybrid specific since so many people ask me if my car is a hybrid. But they must also be EV specific since many have asked me if it was an EV.

I've thought about putting on signs saying "Extreme mileage test vehicle" and listing the Cd, average MPG, and MPG at 70mph, but figured I have enough problems with gawkers wandering in the lanes next to me without giving them something to try to read as well as stare at.

3. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

My car is pretty nondescript. I don't like bumper stickers because of what they do to the paint. I would consider a window cling, but only something small on a non-rolling window that doesn't obscure vision.

I guess I'm just kinda dull. ;)

4. mistyz23

mistyz23 Active Member

Holy cow! It seems as though this topic was meant specifically for you! :D Call it a hybrid Lambo, and see what happens then. :eek:

I'm with you on the paint issue. None of my stickers are on paint, only on windows.

5. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

All my visible changes are little and designed around MPG, safety and/or comfort.

1) Seat covers
    2) Seat belt pads
    3) Steering wheel cover
    4) SGII
    5) Window tint
    6) Sun shade
    7) EBH
    8) Grounding kit
    9) Door edge guards
    10) Armrest (the Yaris LB does not come with none)
    11) Mudflaps (Canadian Yarii seem to get these but most American ones didn't)
    12) DIY PCV catch can (captures about 5ml:1000 miles)
    13) "I <heart> hypermiling" bumper sticker (my bumpers are color-matched plastic)
    14) "CleanMPG.com" bumper sticker
    15) TerraPass bumper sticker, windshield sticker and window decals
    16) "YarisWorld.com" window graphic
    17) 12V Solar trickle charger mounted inside the windshield
    18) Nevada license plate "LIL GAS"
    19) Window deflectors

6. psic

psic Well-Known Member

That would make two of us. I can't stand having stickers and similar on my car. Here in Europe, each county has a round sticker with a country code on it (Great Britain = GB, Germany = D, Slovenia = SLO, etc.), which is manditory for driving your car abroad. Anyway, I even got rid of that and now have a magnetic one which I put on whenever I go abroad with my car.

7. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Outside? Nothing. Inside? Analog tachometer, XM radio, and working an a few more goodies that may or may not pan out.

8. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known Member

Re: What have YOU attached to your car?

Two green bumper stickers .......
    Try ECO driving,
    not EGO driving.

and
    Slow Driving Saves Gas
    And Annoys Big Oil

and
    my Terrapass decal is on a side window.

9. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

window tint
    small round 60MPG sticker
    various plate frames, depending on my mood.......one for i get 60MPG. YOU? from green hybrid, and one i had made that says
    HYBRID MATH, 55MPH=55MPG
    for a while i had a bumper sticker in the back window that read "we all live downstream"
    custom plate: BEGREEN, though i would like to change it to something like SAVNGAS, or INOHURY or SIPSGAS......

10. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Lets see.

Took the door moldings off.
    Took off the 2.3 on each door.
    Took off the 3 on the back.
    Painted the front and back "m" and Mazda badges.
    CleanMPG lic. plate frame. With CleanMPG on top and zoom-zoom on bottom.
    Infinity Bass Link in trunk.
    Pulled resonator from intake filter box.

No bumper stickers. There just flat out tacky as hell.

11. Soybean

Soybean Nintendork

I put my bumper stickers on magnets and stick them on the trunk. I have the "Slow Driving Saves Gas And Annoys Big Oil" and "Hypermiler" ones. I don't know if they'll stay, though. They seem to just piss people even more.

12. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

On the back of my Insight: www.cleanmpg.com

Yesterday I've experminted with one of those flashing LED lights joggers use - it's next to the left tailight. Gut feeling is the flashing settings are too annoying - kind of like the blinking font on some webpages. Going to try to find a setting that moderates it a bit.

...and there is MIMA.

13. ILAveo

ILAveo Well-Known Member

Being told they're wrong does that to some people. In my line of work they are the ones that get you killed, so I try to stay away from them. It's a little hard to stay away from them on the highway though....

There aren't any stickers on my truck.

14. Shiba3420

Shiba3420 Well-Known Member

What line is that? The only things I quickly came up with are officer & road work, but I'm sure there are many others.

15. ILAveo

ILAveo Well-Known Member

I'm a little bit of a jack-of-all-trades at work, probably the most stressful bit I do is field supervision of hazardous waste remediation--mostly excavations cleaning up leaking underground storage tanks. I'm the one who tells project mangers/regulators if what they want is too dangerous based on field conditions. It's interesting and worthwhile work that requires special safety training.

My mother doesn't let me tell her stories about my work.:)

16. Shiba3420

Shiba3420 Well-Known Member

That does make hypermiling seem comparatively safe. Your involved in cleaning up America in all kinds of good ways. Bravo! :flag:

17. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Unfortunately, I had to put on a UT Tyler parking sticker. They said it comes off without a residue, but I'm a little skeptical.

I'm too much of a neat freak with my cars to ever put stickers on.

18. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

___I Love Hypermiling – CleanMPG and This vehicle’s CO2 is offset with Terrapass on the Accord.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

19. CitrusInsighter

CitrusInsighter Well-Known Member

I know I can't think of all of the items on my car offhand, but some include terrapass decal, MilwaukeeHybridGroup.com vinyl letters on rear window, both Hybridfest clings, 2 Stop Idling window clings, 2 UW La Crosse decals plus the parking sticker that will ruin my tint if I try to remove it, and a Hybridcenter.org cling that says "Cool Car, Cool Planet" which Wayne complimented at the Last Madison Hybrid Group meet. Plus the GreenHybrid.com plate frame on the front: "Go Green, Go Hybrid", and the CleanMPG Plate frame on the back that says "First one to the red light loses". I told myself that I wasn't going to put any stickers on the Insight when I got it, but that really didn't last long.

My old Plymouth Reliant was covered in stickers and magnets, over 27 at one point. The only bad thing is the Insight isn't magnetic. They are all residing either on the van that just sits, or my dorm fridge.

20. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

UT - Tyler where I got my Computer Science degree! Unfornately, the head of the department had to step down over some cheating allegations...ironically the UT - Tyler mascot is the Patriots. :p