Daimler's Diesel Gets Cleaner and Greener

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by tigerhonaker, Feb 19, 2006.

1. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

2. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Why must they always say desiel will give hybrids fresh competition? Don't they realize that you can hybridize a desiel? So instead of 40mpg they can get 55 or what ever.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___MB got back to Eric Powers about the Bluetec equipped diesels and from the little Eric has written to me so far, it looks like only 45 state capable into next year. In fact, it appears as if it’s just a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) for this year with the UREA injection in an SCR coming in 07. I will try and get a hold of Eric tomorrow and get a few more details or a phone number of our contact at DCC to get the scoop. Boy did we miss out on this at the Detroit show :( Keep you calendar open for early January of 07, OK ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi;

Just some comments on Mercedes Diesel cars. I purchased a New Mercedes Turbo Diesel in I think 1999. I drove it from Tahlequah, Ok. to Franklin, Tn. on one tank of fuel at the speed limit of 70-75 MPH. The Driving Distance: 610 miles Approx. This was on one tank of Fuel. Not bad I would say. This car drove like a V-8 and still got FE in a Full Size Car. Very impressive.

All in comment above did I mention that it was not out of Fuel yet? :D

Terry