Hot Deal: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition just $15,600 + TTL!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Jan 23, 2021.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] While not the all-new, North American Car of the Year, 7th gen Elantra, the outgoing 6th gen was noteworthy for its efficiency, std. safety and technology inclusions, plus great price.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Jan. 22, 2021

2020 Hyundai Elantra

[​IMG]
    Limited shown -- Its 30/40 mpgUS city/highway rating is just one of the highlights.​

The 2020 Hyundai Elantra, with its CVT achieved a rated level of efficiency that placed it at or near the top of the C-segment charts. With its standard Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), it moved the bar for the few OEMs left to follow its lead.

2020 Hyundai Elantra Drivetrain

The Elantra SE, SEL, Value Edition and Limited include the 147 hp, atkinsonized 2.0L I4 mated to the all-new CVT. The efficiency improvement looks like this:

SE w/ the CVT: 35 mpg combined (+2 over 2019)
    SEL, Value Edition, and Limited w/ the CVT: 34 mpg combined (+2 over 2019)

Hyundai’s new for 2020 CVT with a chain belt provided improved efficiency. It utilizes a wide ratio pulley system, which provides a broader ratio of operation that improves fuel economy with taller ratios and improved performance with lower ones.

2020 Hyundai Elantra Standard Features

CVT, Dual Auto Climate, Hyundai SmartSense including Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and Driver Attention Warning.

Hyundai SmartSense Safety

The 2020 Elantra lineup included the following standard advanced safety features.
    • The FCA uses the car’s front-facing camera to help detect an imminent collision and avoid impact or minimize damage by braking
    • LKA helps prevent accidental lane departure by sensing road markings, automatically steering the car if necessary
    • Driver Attention Warning system monitors a spectrum of driver-related characteristics to help detect driver fatigue
    The Elantra Limited with Ultimate Package added Smart Cruise Control (SCC), Safe Exit Assist, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Blind-Spot Collision Warning with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist (available on all trims except SE).

The 2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition includes the following safety features:
    • Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist
    • Lane Keep Assist & Driver Attention Warning
    • Blind-Spot Collision Warning
    • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning
    • Front, Front Side Impact, Side Curtain & Driver Knee Airbags
    • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) w/ Traction Control
    • ABS w/ Electronic Brake Force Distribution & Brake Assist
    2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition Exterior Features
    • 16” Alloys with 205/55 R16 Tires
    • Power Sunroof
    • Heated Outside Mirrors & Door Handle Approach Lights
    2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition Interior Features
    • 7" Central Display w/ AM/FM/HD/XM Radio & 6 Speakers
    • Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
    • Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
    • Blue Link Connected Services 3-years Standard (enrollment req)
    • Blue Link Remote Start (3-year Complimentary Service)
    • Dual Auto Climate w/ Auto Defogger
    • Steering Wheel Mounted Audio & Cruise Controls
    • Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift Knob
    • Auto Headlamps & 3.5'' Driver Display
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Auto-up Driver Window & Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
    • Rearview Camera w/ Dynamic Guidelines
    • Hands-free Smart Trunk Release
    • Proximity Key w/ Push Button Start & Immobilizer
    And the Hot Deal?

2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition - $6,500 off MSRP

[​IMG][​IMG]

It has been a while since we have seen this trim with all the std, high end features at this price. If you wait 6 to 8-months, you may find the all-new, award winning, 7th gen 2021 with the same drivetrain for similar discounts. ;)

BillLin and EdwinTheMagnificent like this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Very nice. While I'm old enough to distrust any automatic transmission ( long-term- reliability ) ,
    I admit that modern automatics are considerably more efficient than a manual. After driving
    my manual 2014 Civic for seven months , I miss the 5AT in my 2008 Civic. I know, a 10th-gen Civic
    with 1.5T and 6MT would be fairly efficient. I was too cheap to buy that. The 2014 drives well ,
    and is like-new condition at 86K miles. I will probably keep it a while.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Edwin:

My one and only one question regarding the 6th and now 7th gen Elantra is the CVTs reliability. From our experience with the DCT in the ECO - that is not going to be on my consider list any more, to any number of other OEMs that have gone down the belt and cone CVT route with miserable results (Nissan, Ford, Honda ...), there is a risk. A big one at that. I would still love to pick up a 20 Ioniq SEL or 21 Elantra Hybrid Limited for a long term test drive but I suspect the Hybrids DCT will reveal the same flaws that the 7-speed DCT did in the ECO. Those dry clutches are wear items and with no ability to replace them or replace them inexpensively, they scare me to death.

Hyundai's CVT is a whole new item and maybe they have the long term reliability figured out? The Corolla's CVT seems to be holding up well and I am sure Hyundai tore into that design and build quality years ago to figure out where they could improve upon past OEMs CVT missteps.

My fingers are crossed that the 2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition with the kind of discounts available here in Southern California is worth consideration. The rest of the platform was pretty damn solid as our 156k Long term drive found no other shortcomings outside the DCT.

2018 Hyundai Elantra ECO

[​IMG]

Wayne

BillLin likes this.