Jeep Introduces Grand Wagoneer Concept

Discussion in 'Chrysler' started by Jay, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

The hype machine has been building up interest in the reintroduction of the Jeep Wagoneer for several months now. Today's reveal featured one of the iterations of the new Wagoneer series: the Grand Wagoneer. So now Jeep has a three-row-seat, body-on-frame competitor to the Suburban and Excusion. The Grand Wagoneer is derived from the Ram 1500 except that it uses fully-independent rear suspension rather than the solid-axle rear suspension of the truck. We don't have detailed specs and pricing yet, but we can see what it looks like and the interior. FCA (or should I say "Stellantis"?) has gone the luxury route with the new GW. I think it looks great and the interior is especially attractive. With today's reveal we see FCA's electrified drivetrain future. The JGW will have a PHEV version and they introduced a new 4xe (four by electric) Wrangler also that has an electrified, turbochaged, 2L, inline-4 that makes 375hp and 470 ft-lbs of torque! 25 mi electric-only range to boot. This electrified drivetrain direction will proliferate across most of the newer models.

photo gallery: https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g33861459/jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept/?slide=10
    jeep.com
    reveal:

BillLin and 08EscapeHybrid like this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

If ever I can't figure how to spend 100 large , I'll buy one of these.
    I hope I never get that way.

Jay and BillLin like this.
  3. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

lottery or rich benefactor ;)

Jay likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

The Grand Wagoneer isn't for me but I'm paying attention to the engine and drivetrain options in the new GW, Wagoneer, and Wrangler because I'm interested in the upcoming Grand Cherokee. There's a new inline turbo 6 out there somewhere in the not too distant future for the GC that will replace the Pentastar 3.6 V-6 and be competitive with the 5.7 V-8 hemi in power. But now I'm kinda liking that hybrid turbo 4 that the Wrangler 4xe is getting. Amazing power out of that engine. That turbo 4 could be the base engine for the new GC.

BillLin likes this.