My Hypermil Project Car is Ayten

Discussion in 'Hyundai' started by UberJager, May 1, 2020.

1. UberJager

UberJager Member

Not : This story was written by someone who stayed at home because of Covit19. (I am not sick, there is a curfew.)

Hypermile starts with car selection first. The market of dead cheap manual gasoline cars was my primary goal. This is how we met the Hyundai i10 1.0 petrol manual. I liked the car very much, I repeatedly examined it in showrooms. I took my wife and showed her. He liked his shape and size.

I bought the 2014 model Hyundai i10 1.0 Bi-fuel Manual. She was 2 years old in mid-May 2016. . Thus, our Hypermile project comes to life.

[​IMG]

I fit in the front seats of the car very comfortably. My volumetric expectation was more than met. I bought a stroller, especially for luggage.

I had plenty of room for my wife and daughter. I could use the front passenger seat as luggage. There is more than enough volume to meet all the needs of a family of three.

[​IMG]
    The vehicle's aerodynamic coefficient is 0.31 cd. Small frontal area reduces friction. When you drive at a constant speed, your small engine doesn't stress about splitting the air. It is possible to use gravity in the most ideal way in ramp landings. You can glide at a speed of 85 km per hour in 5-% 6% inclines. While doing this, you can keep your vehicle in 5th gear. You won't lose speed.
    Your engine is very small, the number of friction parts is very low. It has 4 valves per cylinder, 3 cylinders, double overhead eccentric and variable timing. We have 90 Newton torque at 3500 rpm.

Manual Transmission to increase efficiency

As we transmit the power from the vehicle's engine to the ground, we lose a certain amount of power. A certain part of the power is lost in the transmission organs such as flywheel, gear, shaft, axle. A front-wheel drive car is the most ideal.

[​IMG]

Having Rwd will decrease efficiency. The differential of the direct transmission of the front-wheel drive vehicle will transfer power from there to the axles and provide traction to our tires with minimal loss.
    [​IMG]

Torque converter in automatic transmission causes 30% to 35% power loss. In conventional gearboxes with spur gear or helical gear structure, the loss varies between 0.2% and 3%, while in solar gear structures this ratio varies between 2% and 10%. Locked clutch (clutch damper) mounted on transmissions with torque converter reduces the ratio of 9%
    [​IMG]

This type of parts increases the number of moving parts, provides comfort and creates cost in maintenance. In any case, 25% of the torque received on the engine will be lost. The efficiency of the manual gearbox with light flywheel and light clutch lining can exceed 95%. Manual transmissions do not have an oil pump and do not need cooling. The losses are very low, as the internal gears lubricate with splashing oil. The loss in a small transmission, such as the i10 transmission, does not exceed 4% to 5%.

[​IMG]
    If we do not count the loss caused by the torque converter, the loss in a standard automatic transmission working with the earth and sun gears is 13%. Likewise, if we do not count the loss of clutch during clutch, the loss in the classic manual transmission was measured as 4%.
    The Hyundai i10 is pretty good at this point in terms of efficiency. The transmission is directly connected to the engine. The transmission output is connected to the transaxle differential. The power of the engine is given to the front wheels without shortest. The loss here will be extremely small.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. UberJager

UberJager Member

Our 3 Cylinder Engine
    In our Hypermile project, since it is essential to use our fuel more efficiently, our engine is one of the most important items to achieve this goal. In the researches, the most efficient engines are generally seen as 3 cylinder engines. The 1.0 kappa engine we used was 1.1 liters in the past and was in a 4-cylinder structure.
    [​IMG]
    Some nice data came out when Korean engineers developed the engine and released the 3-cylinder model. The weight of the engine has decreased by 10%, fuel efficiency has increased by 3% to 5%, production costs have been reduced by 9%. The optimized cylinder arms are quite light. The valve springs were optimized at 11 mm and 1% fuel economy was achieved in the low speed band. Pistons, each weighing 163 grams, increased productivity by 0.5%. Variable valve timing of the engine provided 3% fuel economy. Alternator management system of the engine is activated by looking at the conditions and contributes to 1.5% fuel economy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BillLin likes this.
  3. UberJager

UberJager Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BillLin likes this.
  4. UberJager

UberJager Member

Ignition, LPG and Cooling

[​IMG]

Our 1.0 Kappa engine must use two important advantages correctly to contribute to fuel economy. The first is the electronic ignition system. The electronic ignition system helps you burn fuel most efficiently. In my Hyundai i10, when I press the gas, the ignition time changes in the engine. When the engine gets on the load, the angle of the ignition changes. Let's process the ignition system. The crankshaft position sensor sends the ECU message when the engine reaches the upper dead zone at compression time. The upper dead zone is the end of time of compression. A few degrees before reaching this point, the voltage of 15000 volts is sent from the ignition coil to the spark plug and the explosion is carried out.
    [​IMG]
    Things will get a little more complicated if you are driving a car with electronic ignition and variable valve timing. If your vehicle burns LPG, this will complicate things. The combustion temperature of lpg fuel is high. This is already the only problem with lpg fuel. First of all, a little bit of chemistry. The fuel we call gasoline ignites at 232 degrees and the flame temperature reaches 940 degrees. Gasoline sold in our country cannot exceed 95 octane. Liquefied Petroleum Gas, which we know as lpg, ignites at 470 degrees, the flame temperature reaches 1980 degrees according to the amount of Propane in it.

The catalyst temperature is 850 degrees during an average ride. This temperature exceeds 1000 degrees for long-term ramp climbing. For this reason, the engine has a capacity of 3 liters of engine oil. 4.7 liters of coolant circulates in the channels of the engine to cool in our engine oil. As the coolant, all antifreeze colored organic is used. It works in water liners that surround each cylinder.
    [​IMG]

BillLin likes this.
  5. UberJager

UberJager Member

The climbing capacity of my "1.0 Kappa" engine.

Graph of keeping the speed constant while passing on motorways and roads. The percentage of slope where the motor can theoretically keep its speed constant without exceeding 70% motor load. I did not write speeds of 110 and 120 km because the speed in the 4th gear exceeds 4000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BillLin and RedylC94 like this.
  6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I think I went as high as 2500 RPM in the Prius one time. These days , about 2000.
    And that's getting on the expressways 60 PSL. "Normal" suburban acceleration
    is about 1500-1600 RPM.

BillLin likes this.
  7. UberJager

UberJager Member

High Speed Fuel consumtion / Heavy load

BillLin likes this.
  8. UberJager

UberJager Member

Dash Command test