New 2019 RAM 1500 Crew Cab w/ the EcoDiesel Hot Deal - Just $23,745 + TTL or $18,575 Off Retail!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Jan 26, 2020.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] If I were in the market for a new work truck, this would be the one. ;)

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – January 26, 2020

2014 RAM 1500 Tradesman Reg. Cab w/ the 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel Inside

[​IMG]

It has been quite a while since we have driven a RAM with the EcoDiesel under the hood but with the latest blowout pricing available to anyone willing to visit to this particular San Diego RAM dealership, whooaaa! Talk about filling a fleet with an ultra-capable, ultra-efficient super work truck.

Does anyone remember the 2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Heads West story? It proved itself to be one hell of a performer way back in 2014. And now, the 2019 is available at one hell of a discount as well!

Here are the pricing details and it is absolutely incredible!

2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman Crew Cab 4X2 w/ the 3.0L EcoDiesel mated to the 8-speed AT

[​IMG]
    MSRP: $42,320 – Discount: $18,575 = $23,475 + TTL. Dealer Link embedded.​

The 2019 has the First Gen 3.0L EcoDiesel that has been Code modified to appease the EPA. We will call it Gen 2. While the Gen I EcoDiesel provided stupid high levels of efficiency, I have not driven the post code Gen II EcoDiesel although both have the same 20/27 mpg city/highway rating.

[​IMG]

The 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman Crew Cab includes the following equipment std.

Engineering

Cd of 0.360 w/ Active Grille Shutters
    800-amp 12V battery and 230-amp alternator
    HD Cooling pkg.

3.55 final ratio
    26-gal tank
    17 x 7” painted steel wheels with P265/70R17 BSW All-Season Tires
    Full sized spare
    Independent Front and Rear suspension
    Class IV Trailer hitch
    Front and Rear black bumpers
    Auto Headlamps
    Manual A/C
    3.5" driver display
    Vinyl 40/20/40 split-bench front seat with folding front armrest/cup holder, floor-mounted storage tray plus folding rear bench seat
    Urethane wheel
    Rear, in-floor bins, two with removable liners
    Rear, underseat compartment
    Power, front and rear windows with driver’s one-touch up and down
    Aux Jack
    1.5A USB charging and data port

Included Options

Trailer Brake Control
    Chrome Appearance Group ($695) w/ Chrome Front and Rear Bumper, Grille, and 17" x 7" Alloys
    3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel ($4,495) w/ 3.0L Diesel Badge and 8-Speed AT ($500)

UCONNECT 3 w/ 5" Display ($695) includes 5.0" Touchscreen, SiriusXM, 1-Yr SiriusXM Service, Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth, Rear View Day/Night Mirror, Overhead Console, GPS Antenna Input, Temperature & Compass Gauge, ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera w/ Dynamic Guidelines, and Bluetooth

Deluxe Sound Insulation, Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents

The Ram 1500 uses several fuel-saving features to lead the segment in efficiency. Although a standard eight-speed transmission were the key multipliers. Once known as America’s most fuel-efficient full-size truck, it is still quite capable of saving at the pump.

The 240 hp and 420 lb.-ft. of torque, 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel provides the 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman owner a 20/27 mpg city/highway estimate that is quite easily bested. ;)

[​IMG]
    It was just 6-years ago when we drove this Tradesman w/ the EcoDiesel across the country.​

Not only did it provide 40.8 mpg from Chicago to San Diego w/ ~ 2,000 lbs in the bed, I have never seen a new RAM 1500 with the 3.0L EcoDiesel and 8-speed AT for this low a price. As in Ever!

Wayne

Jay, EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That's an amazing deal especially for the diesel! Looks like the dealer has a number of them--all 2wd at progressively less and less discounted. Are the 2wd not selling?

I was wrestling with whether to get a pickup or a SUV and decided that the SUV would be the more practical choice and to get the 4wd. Oh well. The heavily discounted ones would be gone by the time I got there anyway.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. xcel

Hi Jay:

This is the best deal I have ever seen on a RAM pickup and the work truck as equipped would be perfect for any number of contractors.

I am currently receiving quite a few $12 to $14k off RAM truck Google Ads on my various web searches from all over Southern California right now too. 4WDs included.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Way to keep an eye out, Wayne! I don't know how you do it. Now that I think about it, why would anybody need 4wd in a work truck in southern CA?

BillLin and xcel like this.
  5. xcel

Hi Jay:

Thanks!

As I am finishing up the week with the 2020 Toyota Prius AWD-e, I am thinking the same thing regarding AWD/4WD out here. They are quite a bit more expensive, provide lower efficiency, less cargo volume with the air infiltrator kit ... At least with a work truck, you are surely going to have to drive off-road to get to a job site and thus a 4WD in a pickup makes more sense.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  6. Friends and co-workers still think I'm nuts for purposely buying a 2wd truck in Michigan. I don't go off road, except in my own back yard. No trouble yet in the snow with good winter tires

EdwinTheMagnificent, BillLin and xcel like this.