Hot Deal! New 2019 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch For Just $9,977

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Jan 13, 2020.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] It will not turn heads or save at the pump but for a first time buyer on a minimal budget, a new vehicle for < $10k is always a consideration.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – January 13 , 2020

[​IMG]
    2019 Ford Fiesta SE – Link is embedded within the pic.​

Today’s Hot Deal comes from Ford. This one is not for most of us but for the first-time buyer in your family on absolutely bare bones budget that is in need of a new car with a warranty.

The 2019 Ford Fiesta is a small B-Segment sized vehicle equipped with a 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque 1.6L I4 mated to a 5-speed MT. That is enough power to move the 2,536 lb B-segment car decently enough while providing a 27/35 mpg city/highway rating. Since Millennials cannot drive sticks, you will never see this one stolen. ;)

The 2019 Ford Fiesta’s passenger volume at 85.1 is diminutive but again consider the price. To make up for that, the small hatches cargo volume is a respectable 14.9 cu. ft.

The nimble-handling Fiesta arrives with the basics including the following:
    • A/C
    • AM/FM stereo/single-CD w/ MP3 through 6-speakers
    • Aux jack
    • Carpeted floor mats
    • Auto locking power door locks
    • Rear-window defroster
    • Remote Keyless Entry
    • 60/40 split-fold rear seat
    • SYNC3
    • Tilt/telescoping wheel
    • Intermittent wipers
    And this one includes the SE Appearance pkg with SYNC 3 and XM ($995) and 16" 8-spoke black alloys ($440).

2019 Ford Fiesta SE Monroney

[​IMG]
    Almost half off is not a bad deal in my book.​

The 2019 MY was the Fiesta’s last so make sure you take that in to account as well. Parts availability will go on for at least 10-years…

Wayne

BillLin and litesong like this.
  2. litesong

litesong litesong

Too bad the Fiesta had problems, including the transmission. My 2016 Consumer Report mag, shows many problems in many Fiesta systems. I loved the idea of the Fiesta 3-cylinder engine w/turbo & manual trannie. Can't remember if it had less problems than the Fiesta in general, but It got great gobs of MPG. Ford worked hard on the inherently uneven 3 cylinder to make it moderately smooth. If it hadn't had problems & didn't have a cubbyhole for a backseat, I might have selected it as a good gas sipper.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. xcel

Hi Litesong:

I was looking to see if this was the problem prone DCT? This one is fortunately the 5-speed MT. Far less problematic than the DCT!

Wayne

litesong and BillLin like this.
  4. litesong

litesong litesong

I'm assuming the 6speed automatic had less problems than the DCT. But, the early Fiesta had problems with the engine, engine cooling, drive, fuel, climate, suspension, & brake systems, paint, noise, body, power & electrical. I strongly suspect that with all the payola out-flow that Ford had with DCT, they didn't spend much money to solve the other problems.

5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Yup !
    So did I. If we could only get some feedback from the literally DOZENS of people who bought a Fiesta or Focus with this drivetrain , we might know.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  6. litesong

litesong litesong

I'll bet you Fiesta 3-cylinders broke scores of numbers.... maybe even 3 figures. Its too bad recent cheap smalI gas-stingy cars can't sell strongly in U.S., like their bigger siblings.I think people see the accidents on the main roads & chose bigger vehicles. Is it the main reason that SUVs are waxing & sedans are waning? I got used to the less smooth function of 4 cylinder engines over the decades. That's one reason I was interested in the 3-cylinder Fiesta. However, after my 6 years with the very smooth 4 pot Dodge Caliber, I might have tired of the slight roughness & sound of the novel 3-cylinder Fiesta. & if it had any troubles, I still might have ended up with Hyundais, like I did.

BillLin likes this.
  7. xcel

BillLin likes this.
  8. xcel

Hi All:

A friend on FB who works for CRs - IIRC, he is/was their new vehicle purchasing manager - posted that this may be the last advertised sub $10k vehicle we will ever see in the U.S.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  9. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

10. xcel

Hi Jay:

Unfortunately, that deal appears to includes a $2000 Trade-In Assist Dealer Discount when you trade-in a 2012 or newer vehicle with less than 100k miles - 2/03/2020. :(

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  11. litesong

litesong litesong

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That's a great deal on the Fiesta. You could buy it and part it out and make out very well at that price. I'm surprised that the dealer is offering an even steeper discount to a cash buyer. Normally, they insist that you buy on credit through their credit dept. since that's the big profit center for the dealer.

13. xcel

Hi Jay:

I suspect that since it is the stick, they just want to get rid of it to anybody asap.

Wayne

Jay and BillLin like this.
  14. xcel

Hi All:

Since it includes SYNC 3, the 6.5" central display is actually sized pretty good for something this inexpensive. If it is SYNC 3.0 with SW version 3.0 or later which I believe this Fiesta does, it also includes Android Auto!!!

2019 Ford Fiesta SE w/ SYNC 3.0

[​IMG]
    A reasonable sized - for the price - 6.5" display std.​

Remember the 2016 Ford Focus SE we drive a few years back with SYNC and the 3.5" screen?

[​IMG]

Yeah, that one. ;)

Wayne

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  15. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

16. litesong

litesong litesong

I saw an article on where "new vehicles" go that don't sell. One "avenue" is to park cars in a big secluded lot..... & that's where they remain. Instead of "storing" new cars forever, maybe GM is experimenting how to "cheap sell" unsold inventories, cutting their losses, & not attract too much attention, so thousands of people won't hold out & go for a "cheap buy".
    I remember in the early 1970's, going to a Saab lot & seeing a previous year's plain Jane Saab 900(?) selling cheap. I should have bought it. Altho I would have had problems with it, it wouldn't have been any worse (& probably been a lot better) than the Subaru I eventually purchased. & at least..... I would have had a Saab. I loved the look of that car (not the color) & miss it, altho I never had it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020