Nissan Ariya CUV BEV Concept

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Jan 8, 2020.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] A possible 2021 production date should place the slow selling LEAF in the rearview as Nissan moves forward.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – January 7, 2020

2021 Nissan Ariya all-electric CUV Concept

LAS VEGAS, NV – The Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2020 is becoming the go to show for many OEMs to highlight their way off future plans. Of all the presentations I watched or read about, Nissan’s made the most splash and practical sense because it was near term Concept to reality vs. pie-in-the-sky flying transportation drone systems or future low emissions cities.

The Nissan Ariya Concept was introduced to the world at the Tokyo Auto Show in late of October of last year and made its North American debut at the Las Vegas CES 2020 trade show. As an all-new EV platform about the size of a Rogue, the zero-emission CUV will incorporate all of Nissan’s latest Intelligent Mobility.

Te Ariya Concept is an AWD CUV with twin electric motors, award-winning driver assistance technology and a look that signals a complete reinvention of the brand's design.

Inside, the new Nissan Ariya Concept features a premium cabin with high-tech features that feels more like a lounge than a conventional vehicle.

Outside, the concept conveys a clean sheet for a near term all electric vehicle. This includes the tie into the brands signature design language with electrified V-motion signature "shield" and rear light blades with short overhangs on both ends.

The Ariya Concept is the embodiment of the brands electrified brand identity rebirth. Nissan Intelligent Mobility embodies electrification and vehicle intelligence providing a travel experience free of accidents and harmful emissions.

Word o nthe street is this is coming a lot sooner than we think.

2021 Nissan Ariya Intelligent Mobility in action

2021 Nissan Ariya all-electric CUV Concept

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#Nissan #NissanCES

BillLin and litesong like this.
  2. litesong

litesong litesong

BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I like the Leaf. It's just the right size , not too tall or long.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait Well-Known Member

Will Nissan stick with air cooling?

EdwinTheMagnificent, xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. litesong

litesong litesong

Nissan air-cooled Leaf was designed for Japan, its slower vehicle speeds & easier drivers. The Leaf, placed in the hot southern U.S., with faster interstates, drivers that treat battery packs like they were cast-iron blocks of ICE metal, & demand heat-generating Super-charging, has been caught with in-adequate cooling methods.
    If the Leaf had a 64 kW-hr pack & me as the driver, I would treat the battery pack as a new technology that needs care (& slow time) to operate it. But, that is me, who is NOT like the rest of America, who believe if they aren't moving fast, they are not accomplishing anything.

EdwinTheMagnificent, xcel and BillLin like this.
  6. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

NeilBlanchard, litesong and Trollbait like this.
  7. xcel

Hi All:

Regarding the LEAF, it has seen better years in terms of U.S. sales...

2019 - 12,365
    2018 - 14,715
    2017 - 11,230
    2016 - 14,006
    2015 - 17,269
    2014 - 30,200
    2013 - 22,610
    2012 - 9,819

Nissan needs a true competitor and if they have the Ariya pack cooling designed correctly, this all-electric CUV platform could be in the right place at the right time. Range, performance, and traction battery longevity are all still big question marks however.

Wayne

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  8. xcel

Hi All:

Nissan's ProPilot 2.0 slated for the Ariya will be able to autonomously lane change... I know that means little here to most so here are the very basic details.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  9. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

Interesting detail - they have located the charging port below the driver's side mirror. I like the Leaf location, but this is my next favorite location. Some images show the same door on the right side, as well - so maybe they are following Audi?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  10. xcel

Hi Neil:

That is by far the best angle to view the Ariya. Rumors about 300-miles of AER are out there as well.

Wayne

NeilBlanchard and BillLin like this.
  11. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

From the photo alone that could be ANYSUV. Tres generic. Ugly ? Some might think it's beautiful.
    I suppose Nissan had to do it , though.