Hot Deal(s): 2020 Hyundai Elantra SE - $14,388 + TTL and Limited w/ Ultimate for $20,557

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, Dec 15, 2019.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

With the detail release of the all-new 8th gen 2020 Nissan Sentra at an excellent value price point tomorrow, and Toyota placing upwards of $3k on the hood of the Prius Prime, Hyundai is not taking anything for granted with rebates and deals of their own. Currently, future owners can pick up their favorite Elantra trim with either a $1,750 or $2,000 rebate.

Dealership discounts are coming in anywhere from $3k to $3.8k. In addition, if you finance through Hyundai Motor Finance for a minimum of 90-days, you can take off another $500 and current Hyundai owners receive yet another $500 off. Gone is the $1k Uber driver rebate and $500 BoostUp discount. Both are sorely missed.

2020 Hyundai Elantra SE - $18,950 + $930 D&H = $19,880 - $1,750 Rebate
    2020 Hyundai Elantra SEL - $19,700 + $930 D&H = $20,630 - $2,000 Rebate
    2020 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition - $20,600 + $930 D&H = $21,530 - $1,750 Rebate
    2020 Hyundai Elantra Eco - $21,250 + $930 D&H = $22,180 - $2,000 Rebate
    2020 Hyundai Elantra Limited - $22,800 + $930 D&H = $23,730 - $2,000 Rebate

[​IMG]

The ECO trim proved itself from a fuel saving standpoint but failed in the long-term reliability aspect with the 7-speed DCT heading south and shortening its roadworthy life after its 156k mile severe duty road test substantially. In other words, not recommended.

The new CVT - called the IVT - that Hyundai has moved its 2020 lineup to has on paper improved efficiency by 6 percent with ratings for the SE coming in at 31/41/35 mpgUS city/highway/combined and SEL/Value Edition/Limited receiving a 30/40/34 mpgUS city/highway/combined rating. I am still skeptical of a 6 increase with the change of a std. 6-speed AT to the all-new CVT but maybe that is exactly what was needed? Until we get to drive the 2020 Hyundai Elantra Limited just after the first of the year, I will leave that as a question mark.

The SEL has been convenience feature de-contented slightly over the past 2 years as it now lacks a leather wrapped wheel and rear center console pull out cupholders. The Value Edition lost the Auto-dimming rear view mirror with Homelink.

Adding to both trims, Forward Collisions warning w/ pedestrian detection, Lane Keep Assist, and Driver Attention warning has been added to the extensive list of safety hardware. These 3 safety additions were not even available for the 2018 MYs in fact.

In any case, Elantra SE's for just over $14k, SELs for just $15k, Value Editions for just under $16k, and fully loaded Limited's with the Ultimate pkg for $20,500 is still a really good value in my book.

In case anyone is interested, I think the SEL with the addition of the VE, ECO, and Limited's driver side sun visor w/ passenger extender - Hyundai part #85210-F2150-TTX for $75 - and a leather wrapped wheel - ~ $200, makes it the best value of the lineup thanks in part to the low upfront cost and the $2k rebate. The lack of a rear seat map pocket and pull out rear center console cupholders is sad loss. It is too bad you could not equip the SEL with the Eco's 15" alloys and tires. Better efficiency, lower tire cost replacement, better looks, easier to clean with far fewer cutouts, and the gun metal gray/brown hid brake dust far better than the silver alloys the rest of the lineup is equipped with.

2020 Hyundai Elantra SEL Monroney

[​IMG]

I tend to over analyze these details as it took me hours to figure out what was pulled and added from the various trims from the 2018 MY lineup, refreshed 2019s, and now 2020s for this post. :(

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  2. xcel

Hi All:

Besides an all-new heavy duty competitor in the form of the 2020 Nissan Sentra arriving on the scene in just weeks, January 28, 2020 to be exact, the Elantra experienced November 2019 sales of 17,322, down 4.6 percent from the 18,148 sold in November of 2018. YTD sales of 156,374 were down 15.6 percent below the 185,339 sold through the same period of 2018.

Maybe that is why we are beginning to see discounts of this magnitude beginning to appear. Expect more as we roll into 2020.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. xcel

Hi All:

Since I am in the market, one of local shady Hyundai dealerships here in San Diego - I stopped posting their prices - offers loss leaders but never delivers. I sent them something to ponder for my own amusement. I also like to window shop from behind my Laptop screen as you can tell.

I purchased a new 2019 Kona 3-months ago from a local go to Hyundai dealership for $17,995 + TTL. But first I visited this "low price" Hyundai dealership just to make sure as they had an SE in white advertised for $16,995. When I arrived, they did not have that one of course but were more than willing to sell me a black SE with 5,000 miles on it for $16,995. I was back within the Elantra in less than 120-seconds as they were following me out the door telling me what a great deal the 5k mile one was. For god’s sake, what do they think this is, 1982?

I went to my std non-ripoff go to dealership, purchased the 2019 Kona SEL for just $1k more at $17,995 despite the $1,800 higher price tag and that was in the books.

The shady local dealer currently has a 2020 Elantra SE shown for a December Special at $12,777 after a $3,853 dealer discount and $3,250 in rebates of which $2,750 I qualify for. So, let us see how far they will go on a new 2020 Value Edition (VE). First quote, $504 off. Wait, you are taking $3,853 off an SE but only $504 on a much more expensive VE? That would be a no thank you. Second quote, $504 off. Third quote, $2,738 off. The Sales Mgr. says the SE is a loss leader. Ok, well I guess I will have to wait until you have a SEL or VE as a loss leader next month.

How about a quote on the Special $3,853 off Elantra SE loss leader that you are advertising again? Oh, that is now $17,493 and $1,466 more than the advertised price of $16,027 and now just $2,387 dealer discount. Ahhh, I see. Never mind.

The go to dealer will deal to $13.9 or $15k after the rebates + TTL on a new 2020 SEL/VE respectively without any work. ;)

2020 Hyundai Elantra Limited

[​IMG]

The shady dealership has been sending me 2 e-mails and calling once a day all week but I am not sure why? Another sneaky thing they do is the salesman calls and when I say no, they transfer me immediately to the Sales Mgr. and I hang up. The last time they had the salesman call and the Sales Mgr. immediately took the phone. I mean really? This is Amateur hour in its pure form.

An hour-and-a-half ago I received another E-mail from them:
    In any case, I am waiting to see what happens on Jan. 6th when everybody rolls over incentives into the new year. The 2020 Prius Prime with $3,000 Toyota rebate in NY, NJ, or CT may see an increase to $3,500 or even $4,000 - it topped out in 2018 at $4,500 by February or March - and the current $1,750 Hyundai std. rebate plus $1,000 in extra rebates dealer discounts may increase as well. If not or they decrease, I am in no hurry. I have the 2020 Elantra Limited w/ the CVT arriving on the January 3rd so I will have a few days to see how that new CVT transmission works.

2020 Toyota Prius Prime Limited

[​IMG]

2020 Elantra SEL lacks the leather wrapped wheel <-- why in the hell did Hyundai do that and it looks like a $200+ purchase + install :( ???, the extending drivers side sun visor -- $75 online, rear seat center console attached cupholders, single rear seat map pocket, heated front seats, and a sunroof for $1,200 less than the VE. The VE lost the Homelink auto dimming Rear View mirror for 2020 as well. At least both arrive with mini-spares and jack kit unlike the Eco that I had to waste $220 for. $13,848+ $220 (Mini-Spare) + TTL was a steal for that one 2 years ago this month.

It is to bad that the 2020 Nissan Sentra SV with the Premium pkg. will not be drastically discounted for at least a year after its release on the 28th of next month. That really is the best all-around compact car despite the slightly lower mpg figures by comparison to the Civic, Elantra, and Jetta. $5k to $7k more than the Elantra VE or Prius Prime LE is not going to fly so that one is off my radar unfortunately. :(

2020 Nissan Sentra SV

[​IMG]

I wonder if anyone else shops to the lowest common $ as there are a few shady dealerships here in far southern California and even worse, the 4 near my old IL home were the absolute worst when it comes to advertising one thing and trying to sell at a much higher price after the fact.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.