2016 Nissan Versa SV Fuel Mileage Update

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by Ford Man, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Ford Man

Ford Man Well-Known Member

I'm not very active on the forum anymore but still drop by to check things out occasionally. I bought a 2016 Nissan Versa SV with the CVT back in Feb. 2019 with 10546 miles. It had been in a rear end collision when it had about 10K miles. It was repaired and tagged with a rebuilt title so I got it at a great price $5300. Since I purchased it I've been tracking MPG on every tank and for the last 6013.1 miles in this length of time and mileage I've used 127.315 gallons of gas for an average of 47.230 MPG and 40.8% above EPA combined rating. Most of my driving is rural roads in the 45-55 MPH range with probably about 10% city driving. It's had very little winter weather driving because of buying so late in the winter but I figure by Feb. 2020 I should have a very good idea of what kind of mileage to expect as a baseline. My worst tank to date was the first tank I ran through it at 42.345 MPG that tank was ran from 2/28/19-3/16/19 so there were some cold temperatures and quite a bit of rain. The best tank I've had was 51.167 MPG and was from 4/26/19-5/18/19. Temperatures had warmed up but it wasn't hot enough yet that I needed any a/c on that tank. The rest of the summer I used a/c only as needed and most tanks were probably 25-50% usage. Other than driving slower than most people about the only fuel savings techniques I use are lots of c/c usage, coasting when I can and trying to time traffic lights. No EOC, P&G or anything along those lines.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    xcel, BillLin and Carcus like this.
  2. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

Nice work. That's some cheap transportation right there.

Sounds like our bag of tricks are about the same, ... except my cruising speed runs 65 to 70 mph. my 3 year mpg is 28.5% above EPA combined.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. Ford Man

28.5% above EPA isn't bad. What kind of car do you drive?

4. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

2017 honda civic

5. Ford Man

I have a correction to make my lifetime % over EPA is 38.91%. I quoted 40.8% in the original post but when looking back on my fuel log on www.ecomodder.com that was over the last 90 days.

6. Ford Man

The weather here has cooled down considerably in the last couple weeks and the Versa isn't liking it. My last tank was 50.3MPG. At about 250 miles into the current tank the mileage appears to be in the 45-46MPG range.

BillLin likes this.