Have A Plug-in Kia? Amazon Has an Answer for That!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Mar 21, 2019.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] One stop shop for a Level2 Home Charger is as simple as shopping Amazon.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – March 20, 2019

2019 Kia Niro PHEV

[​IMG]

The 2019 Kia Niro PHEV continues to offer the same utility of the Niro hybrid but with the added benefit of short haul commuting all-electric.

2019 Kia Niro PHEV Trims/Pricing (excludes $995 destination)

LX - $28,500
    EX - $32,100
    EX Premium - $35,200

A Federal Tax Credit of $4,543 for those that qualify plus a $1,500 California State Tax rebate for those in that state reduce the upfront cost even further.

2019 Kia Niro PHEV Basic Specs

1.6L GDI I4 - 104 hp and 109 lb.-ft. torque; 6-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT)

2019 Kia Niro PHEV Efficiency

48/44/46 mpgUS city/highway/combined
    AER of 26-miles
    MPGe of 105 mpg

2019 Kia Niro PHEV Driver Assistance Features
    • Autonomous Emergency Braking: Standard
    • Forward Collison Warning: Standard
    • Lane Keep Assist: Standard
    • Smart Cruise Control: Standard
    • Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Standard on EX and EX Premium
    2019 Kia Niro PHEV Dimensions

Overall Length: 171.5 in.
    Overall Width: 71.1 in.
    Overall Height: 60.4 in.
    Wheelbase: 106.3 in.
    Passenger Volume: 100.9 cu. ft.
    Cargo Volume (trunk space): 54.5 cu. ft.
    Curb weight: 3,391

The Kia/Amazon Charging Solution

Kia has begun a new program with Amazon to provide (PHEV) plug-in vehicle customers with easy, one-stop shopping for a home charger and installation services using the same easy digital Amazon shopping experience they have come to love.

Before you even bring home your new Soul EV, Niro EV, Niro PHEV or Optima PHEV, you can visit Charge My Kia to learn everything anyone needs to know about choosing a charger, having it installed, and charging at home. At the website, you will find recommended Level 2/240-volt chargers approved by Kia, information about EV home charging installation and helpful reviews from other Amazon customers. You can also see upfront pricing for electrical services and schedule a licensed electrician to install an EV charger and a 240-volt outlet if necessary.

Amazon’s Happiness Guarantee backs all home charging installation services, so customers know it will be done to their satisfaction and they can rest assured that their vehicle is supported by Kia’s top teir warranty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Shhhhh………… don't tell anyone , but the Kia Niro is a STATION WAGON. And the Emperor is naked ! But professional wrestling is REAL.

I am actually liking this car a lot more than I did before. The 26 mile range should be pretty good for a retired dude.

xcel likes this.
  3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Edwin:

It is high on my list as well. Decent interior room as it is based on the Elantra/Forte platform vs the Kona on the Accent/Rio one, and the Ioniq drivetrain makes it the most efficient small CUV you can buy today.

I am not seeing any deals like I have found on the Prius Prime however. And the sales are not on fire but they are holding their own. Niro lineup as a whole, not the PHEV or BEV as their sales are minuscule by comparison.

Niro February sales: 2,031, down 2.0 percent from the 2,072 sold in February of 2018. YTD sales of 3,737 are down 3.1 percent from the 3,857 sold through the same period of 2018. Those results are not bad given the lower fuel costs we are experiencing albeit rising quickly as we approach the summer months.

Wayne