Tesla Model 3 - $35,000 Standard Range

Discussion in 'General' started by NeilBlanchard, Mar 1, 2019.

1. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

The biggest Tesla event yet - the $35,000 Standard Range is now available to order! It has a 220 mile range (slightly higher than we previously thought), and accelerates from 0-60MPH in 5.6s. It has black paint, aero wheels, manual seats, basic stereo. They should ship in 2-4 weeks.

Also announced is a $37,000 Standard Plus model, which has 240 mile range, 0-60MPH in 5.3s, black paint, aero wheels, power and heated seats, upgraded stereo.

All the models previously available have a price drop.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I like the Model 3 , but for 37,000 , I could buy a Bolt ( with full $7500 tax credit )
    or Hyundai Kona , or more likely a Leaf Plus ( or whatever they call it. )
    Even the current cheaper Leaf would be good. 124 miles of range ? More than enough.
    And save thousands. I'm not sure if Nissan still has the full tax credit.
    I don't live in a state that has incentives to buy EV. They're too busy electing new , smarter crooks
    to run our ( welfare ) state.

3. litesong

litesong litesong

Ah..... you're rich enough to get the full $7500 richman bribe.

xcel, EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

Not really , lol.

5. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

In winter in your climate?

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

Sure . Maybe only one day , in the worst conditions. 70 mile roundtrip at -20 deg F.
    Okay , it almost never gets that cold. I'm not sure if $4-5K more is worth the extra range.
    But a guy could get tired of plugging it in every single day. Even in the worst weather , I can
    get 7 days on a tank with the Prius. A BEV might not be the best bet for me at this time.
    After I retire , perhaps.

7. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

The $35K Tesla Model 3 is THE reason we have other EV's to choose from - credit where credit is due.

xcel likes this.
  8. EdwinTheMagnificent

To be honest ,I'm not really sure how the tax CREDIT will work for me , in my situation. But there's a good chance I will buy a
    new car just after I retire ( Jan 2021 ) , or maybe the month before. We'll see which BEV offers the best deal at that time.

xcel likes this.
  9. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

While the Model3 looks attractive at $35k, there is a lot of competitors entering that 225+ mile all-electric range space currently or in very short order. Many with a compact CUV platform that everyone seems to want for some reason?

The 258-mile range 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric starts at $37,495 in SEL trim and is the first that comes to mind.

The 2019 LEAF S Plus at $36,550 + $895 D&H is DOA before reaching dealership showrooms as the Model3 looks so much better and the 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric and 2019 Kia Niro Electric offer more utility and passenger/cargo volume.

Wayne