2019 US Mazda3 Pricing Announced

Discussion in 'Mazda' started by Jay, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Mazda announced pricing for the Mazda3 today for the US models:
    https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-mazda3-sedan-hatchback-pricing/

Note that you have to spend $27.5k to get a manual! Also, these prices are just the NA 2.5L Skyactive G. The Skyactiv-X doesn't go on sale in the US till late in the year. To say I'm disappointed is a huge understatement.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

Man, that sucks.( I know you’ve been watching this for some time)
    Especially when the 2018 Mazda 3 sport (6mt 2.0) MSRP was 18,095.

/ I guess Honda’s not much better. Squashed the 6 MT EX-T for 2019 as well.

Jay likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Has Honda dropped the 6MT for the Civic LX hatch as well? I don't see it listed on their website. Boo! Maybe I could still get a 2018 LX with a 6MT. I sure couldn't get one when I tried before, though.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that mazdausa have lost their minds. They're counting on styling, and styling alone, to sell the mazda3 at a much higher price. It's a much worse car than the 2018, as far as the chassis goes, because of the severely downgraded rear suspension--from multipoint (past wishbone) all the way down to semi-independent torsion-beam; and this without the skyactiv-x engine. Also, all three trim levels of the 2018 mazda3 offer the 6MT. They're smoking crack.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

I don’t think the LX 2.0 6mt hatchback is available in the US anymore ... it might still be in Canada(if you wanted to jump through the hoops to get it imported) — not sure, but that’s in the conversations at CivicX.

‘They’ say You can get a 1.5 6mt hatchback in the (new for 19) Sport trim (below an Si)

5. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you look at the Honda Canada website you can get a 2019 2.0 6MT hatchback LX coupe for 23,876.00 CA( I think that includes delivery).

Exchange rate today would put it at $17912.49 US.

I looked at doing this a couple years ago on a Sedan — thinking I would fly up, buy and drive back. Got as far as a little bit of online research and talking to a dealership in Regina (?) I think (they sounded ‘normal’ in a good way (for lack of a better term) and were willing to work with me. But I really wanted the 1.5t and decided to wait.

There are some costs ( import fees etc... can’t remember now) ... but they didn’t look like a deal killer to me. It is done occasionally and you can find forum conversations about importing a car from Canada.

/warranty work might be another concern — but hey, it’s a Honda!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

The civic sport has the manual but also the wide tires and a bunch of other stuff I don't want for more money. No thanks. The 2018 Civic LX 6MT should have been available in the US in theory, but in practice, it wasn't. Now I'm thinking used 2018 civic hatch lx with 6mt if I can find one or used 2017 or 2018 mazda3 with 6mt. That's if I had to buy today which I don't.

I don't think US honda would be the slightest bit compelled to honor the warranty of a canadian civic.