10 All-new or Redesigned Hyundai’s Launched in the Past 12 Months

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Nov 9, 2018.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] New full size Palisade SUV, Kona EV, and NEXO FCV will soon be added.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – November 8, 2018

[​IMG]

Hyundai continues its new or refreshed portfolio push with ten all-new or refreshed models.

Heading into 2019, the Hyundai fleet has been entirely refreshed. Highlights from this portfolio make over include the all-new Kona compact crossover; three new eco-friendly options with Kona EV and NEXO Fuel Cell Vehicle joining the refreshed Sonata Hybrid/PHEV; and a fresh new look for all of Hyundai’s volume leaders – Sonata, Elantra, Tucson and Santa Fe. The 10 new or significantly enhanced models gives Hyundai one of the freshest looks in the industry heading into the new year, with additional models on their way early in the calendar year.

Hyundai retail sales were up three percent in October and showed year-over-year gains. In the first half of next year, Hyundai will unveil two all-new models that will further expand its lineup into high-demand categories.

rhwinger and BillLin like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

A friend of mine from Chicago is in the 2020 Hyundai Palisade this week and while it and its sister, the Kia Telluride, are winning awards left and right, this 7-passenger SUV using the 291 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque 3.8L V6 mated to an 8-speed AT is only posting a 19/26/22 and 19/24/21 mpgUS city/highway/combined in FWD and RWD respectively. She had a glowing report whereas I consider the terrible efficiency over the vehicles life with its owner to be hell on earth once the "Wow" effect has subsided.

2020 Hyundai Palisade

[​IMG]
    I am not a fan of the exterior compared to competitors.​

With the upcoming 7-passenger 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid arriving with a 36/35 mpg combined rating in FWD/AWD configuration and the super capable 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid with its own 28/25 mpg combined ratings in RWD/AWD configurations, the Palisade is a 2 generation behind offering imho. :(

2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid

[​IMG]

2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

[​IMG]

While this tidbit was added to an old story, it has been reported that the all-new Tucson will arrive as both a Hybrid and a PHEV in short order. I cannot wait for that! Hopefully it will provide more competition before we possibly end up picking up a 2021 RAV4 Prime PHEV that my wife has been eyeing since I told her about it a few months ago.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

There are also rumors that the hybrid/PHEV powertrains will end up in the Santa Cruz, too. And it's a no-brainer, since the new pickup is just an open bed Tucson. They will be marketing it as a "lifestyle" pickup, which describes about 85% of the pickups I see on the road. And that means towing and cargo carrying capacity numbers are meaningless beyond the "who's bigger" arguments that start at tailgate parties after the first case of beer has been consumed.
    Pictures of the mules I see running around suggest the pickup isn't much longer than the Tuscon, so it will be more "Subaru Baja" than "Honda Ridgeline".

BillLin and xcel like this.