Driving something different this week.

Discussion in 'General' started by Blackbelt, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:56 PM.

1. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago a deer jumped out of a cornfield right in front of my Prius C. I couldn't stop in time. Although the deer survived to damage another car someday, my poor Toyota did sustain some damage. I dropped it off at the bodyshop Monday to get it repaired. The nice young lady from Enterprise picked me up in what turned out to be my rental car. A 2018 Ford Fusion Titanium hybrid! I was quite pleased. It's a nice car. I am still getting the feel for it, and as such it isn't delivering the kind of numbers my Toyota does, but it's doing pretty well. Not sure how much longer i will have it, but will report back when i turn it back in.

EdwinTheMagnificent, xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

Glad you did not get hurt, and the deer survived... Sorry to hear about the Prius C, though. At least it was repairable.

EdwinTheMagnificent and xcel like this.
  3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi BlackBelt:

Also glad you were not hurt. Cars are always repairable/replaceable thank goodness.

Wayne

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  4. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

I was on a 2 lane country road early in the morning with a PSL of 35. I know this road is notorious for deer hits, so i was going about 30. The deer jumped from an elevated position directly in front of me. I did manage to hit the brakes and scrub off some speed, but not enough to prevent damage. All things considered, it was minor, around $2500 in damage to my Toyota. Any accident you can drive away from without a scratch on your body is not a bad accident. It will still cost me $250 for my comprehensive deductible. Deer are still large rats in my eyes, and always will be. Most of the damage was a dent to my hood, since the front end was dipping under hard braking. There was a small cut in the bumper, so i believe they are replacing it.
    The Fusion is frustrating me a bot. I think the battery in it is too small for a lot of meaningful EV driving. I am trying but the best i have done so far is 52.

xcel, EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.