Jaguar/Land Rover October 2018 Sales up 25.4% With 10,494 Vehicles Sold – Plus the I-Pace!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Great October results plus a treat in the form of an All-Electric we would all love to drive. ;)

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – November 1, 2018

[​IMG]

2019 Jaguar I-Pace AWD BEV -- $69,500 to start with a 90 kW traction battery and 234 miles of all-electric and only electric range.

Jaguar/Land Rover today reported October 2018 US sales: Land Rover had its best October sales month in history with 7,846 vehicles sold, up 43.3 percent over 5,477 sold in October 2017.

Jaguar sales of 2,648 vehicles was down 8.4 percent below the 2,891 vehicles sold in October 2017.

Jaguar/Land Rover total October US sales of 10,494 vehicles is up 25.4 percent over the combined total of 8,368 vehicles in October 2017.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace First Look

If there were an auto maker that was going to make a full electric car exciting to own and drive, who should it be? Should it be an automaker that has designed and brought to the public some of the most iconic nameplates including the XK and E-Type in automotive history? An automaker with its heritage going back almost a century to 1922? How about an automaker whose cars are known for being some of if not the best handling cars on the road today?

Well I am sure many would say Jaguar would be a great start. Heritage, handling, excitement, and electric have now come together in a single package called i-Pace.

First revealed in 2016, the all-new 2019 Jaguar i-Pace is now available in three trim levels: S, SE & HSE, with an additional First Edition model.

2019 Jaguar i-Pace Exterior Design

Ian Callum, Jaguar’s world renown Director of Design:
    A long wheelbase of 117.7in gives the i-Pace a similar footprint to the F-PACE, but with the interior volume of a of a larger vehicle.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace at speed

[​IMG]

The cab-forward profile is a natural progression of Jaguar’s always forward-thinking design language yet retains key characteristics including the grille design and distinctive sweep of the window frames. Additional standout design elements include the sweeping front fenders, integral hood scoop with passive aerodynamic enhancing properties, cab-forward driving position, muscular haunches, striking waistline, and Kammback rear end coming together to provide a Cd of 0.29.

The grille has evolved into an aerodynamic enhancer, as air is channeled through to the integral hood scoop and over the windshield to reduce drag. Airflow for battery cooling and the climate control system pass through the grille and active vanes in the front bumper apertures which open when required.

Emerging from the door panels at the push of a button on the key fob, or when touched, flush door

handles preserve the clean lines and contribute superb aerodynamics ala Tesla Model S. The standard air suspension lowers the vehicle by up to 0.4 in at speeds above 65 mph.

Available Premium LED headlamps with trademark Jaguar ‘double-J’ signature DRLs provide a touch of upscale design.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace Interior Design

A distinctive floating center console, Hi Res colorful HD displays, multi-function, rotary controllers are just the start.

With no transmission tunnel, center console storage is a huge 0.43 cu. ft. Trays built under the rear seats provide storage for tablets and laptops. The cargo capacity of 25.3 cu. ft. with the seats up and 51.0 cu. ft. with the seats folded flat is ample for day to day needs.

A standard glass panoramic roof runs the length of the car and provides the interior with additional headroom. Both the roof and side windows shade the interior without the need for a blind. That remains to be seen.

Customers can choose seats upholstered in a high-tech suede like cloth, synthetic leather, and two types of leather.

Throughout the cabin, drivers will see Gloss Black, Gloss Charcoal Ash wood grain, and precision-machined aluminum depending on trim. Slimline performance seats provide the sports feel of the all-new I-Pace.

[​IMG]

An available full-color head-up display (HUD) projects key information onto the windshield to enable the driver to keep their eyes on the road.

A 12.3-inch driver display sits behind the wheel. Jaguar’s new EV navigation system, embedded into the Touch Pro Duo system factors in topography to accurately calculate available range and charging locations along the chosen route.

An Intelligent Phone Reminder will tell the driver if they leave their smartphone behind, while a Predictive Call List function learns patterns of phone use to cue up popular contacts at the appropriate time.

The i-Pace also launches with an Amazon Alexa Skill.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace Drivetrain

The new all-electric 2019 Jaguar I-Pace propulsion begins with a 90 kWh Li-Ion battery that delivers an EPA rated 234 miles.

Owners will be able to charge from a 0 to 80 percent battery charge in approximately 40 minutes using 100kW Level3 DC fast charger. Expect an 85-minute charge time on a 50 kW Level3 DC fast charger.

A Home or standard Level2 240V/32AMP 7kW charger will charge the i-Pace from zero to 80 percent in just over ten hours.

Just like most EVs, while plugged in, owners can heat or cool the cabin before starting their journey. By allowing the vehicle to precondition itself while still connected to power, maximum range can be achieved without the need to draw power from the on-board batteries to reach optimal operating temperature. Customers can pre-set a time for the charging process to take advantage of Time of Use home electricity rates plans via the Jaguar InControl Remote app or from the Touch Pro Duo touchscreen within.

Moving to the electric motor(s), the Jaguar-designed synchronous permanent magnet front and rear mounted motors provide a combined 394 hp and 512 lb. ft. of torque driven through each of the four wheels which allow a 0 to 60 sprint in 4.5 seconds.

Jaguar has engineered the i-Pace to perform in temperatures as low as -40°F. In moderate temperatures, the battery uses a cooling system to maximize energy efficiency. An electric refrigeration unit linked to the vehicle’s main air conditioning system activates only at higher temperatures to control cell temperatures and maximize power.

In cold conditions, a heat pump helps to maintain optimum operating conditions for the cells and the interior with energy from the outside of the vehicle and heat scavenged from the inverters and power electronics to heat the cabin, rather solely on the battery.

[​IMG]

2019 Jaguar I-Pace Chassis

The Jaguar I-Pace delivers everyday usability and comfort, with a unique balance of ride, refinement and control. With the battery located between the axles, an optimal 50:50 weight distribution and a low center of gravity provides supreme composure and less body roll.

Advanced double wishbone front and integral link rear suspension deliver both ride comfort and great handling. The compact and lightweight suspension design features aluminum suspension links and knuckles to reduce weight, while maximizing interior space.

Standard air suspension with available Adaptive Dynamics features continuously variable shock absorbers.

The self-leveling system is designed to maintain an optimum suspension geometry even when the vehicle is fully loaded and lower the vehicle.

Electric brake boosters instead of a conventional brake vacuum servo gives the braking system more flexibility when blending regenerative and traditional mechanical braking and provides better brake feel.

The i-Pace also allows the driver to select either high or low levels of regenerative braking and shutting down creep. When high regenerative braking mode is selected the, driver can single-pedal drive all the way to a stop with a maximum deceleration of 0.4 G’s without touching the brakes. I am not a fan of one-pedal driving but some love it.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace Warranty

Each new I-Pace sold in America includes Jaguar EliteCare, a best-in-class ownership package. Jaguar EliteCare includes:
    • 5 year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
    • 5 year/60,000 mile complimentary scheduled maintenance
    • 5 year/60,000 mile 24/7 roadside assistance
    • 5 year/Unlimited mile Jaguar InControl Remote and Protect
    • 8 year/100,000 mile battery warranty; up to 70 percent state of health
    2019 Jaguar i-Pace

[​IMG]

Jaguar Land Rover announced last year that from 2020 all new, or significantly updated, models will incorporate some form of electrification either optional or as standard. The company will introduce a portfolio of electrified products across its model range in the coming years; embracing fully electric (BEV), plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and mild hybrid (MHEV) vehicles as well as continuing to offer ultra-clean gasoline and diesel engines.

BillLin likes this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

An electric station wagon from Jaguar. It makes a lot of sense.

But so does a Chevy Bolt.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

I'd rather see people buying an I-Pace than an ICE luxury wagon, especially one with over 400 HP.

I'd love an I-Pace if money didn't matter to me. :) I wish more cars had (could afford) the hunker down highway mode possible with the air suspension. If it could raise the car as well, that would be good for occasional rutted roads, too. ... or potholes, speed bumps, curbs. :D

EdwinTheMagnificent and xcel like this.