2019 HONDA INSIGHT NOW ARRIVING AT DEALERS

Discussion in 'Honda' started by alster, Jun 29, 2018.

1. alster

alster Well-Known Member

I just checked the Honda.com website and now you can build the 2019 Insight. Some dealers already have
    a few in stock. I believe green car reports obtained over 55 mpg, calculated miles divided by gal's, for
    a 81 miles trip. This is with the touring model which get less EPA mpg than the LX or EX model. Average for those 2 models is 52 mpg. I believe the avg. for the touring model they drove was 48 MPG per EPA

Sure would like to see Wayne get behind the wheel of one and see what he obtains for mpg's. I bet over 60 mpg for sure....

xcel, Jay and BillLin like this.
  2. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Super Moderator

I found with the local Toyota dealer they sometimes list cars they don't actually have. Found that out when considering a Prius Prime at end of last year. If you're going to check one out, it would pay to call first.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. alster

alster Well-Known Member

4. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

Not bad if it's reliable. Wish they sold a Fit Hybrid.

5. Lee Moon

Lee Moon Member

I was at the dealership having my CR-Z serviced and asked my salesperson about the new Insight. She said they had 2 on the lot being prepped. We located one (Pearl White) and it is a great looking car. She had been on a Clarity PHEV Ride and Drive event earlier and was telling me quite a bit about that car and how it compared to the Volt (which was the other car they drove for comparison to the Clarity.) Back to the Insight. Didn't have an opportunity to open it and check out the interior, but it sure looked good. This particular car was an EX and they had a Touring somewhere else on the lot.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  6. alster

alster Well-Known Member

Now that the 2019 Honda Insight Hybrid has been out for a little over a week has anybody had a chance to drive one? The only mpg reports I found was for greencarreports.com that when they drove the touring model for about 80 miles or so they got over 55 mpg, miles driven by gal's pumped, which is not bad for a 48 mpg EPA rated vehicle, the LX and EX Insight model obtain a EPA 52 mpg combined

Has anyone in the forum had a chance to test drive one and report the mpg's they obtained in their test drive? I sure hope that Wayne drives one soon as the 2019 Insight EX is on my shortlist for a replacement for our 2010 Prius.

xcel likes this.