Jaguar i-Pace spotted

Discussion in 'BEV or Battery Electric Vehicle' started by Gord, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Recently spotted my first Jaguar I-Pace in a UK supermarket!

Tesla competitor?

21A00A16-B7FA-45C2-BCEE-1C42D4B68EAA.jpeg

828A16F7-E6C7-4C85-871E-C320E67A9A93.jpeg

D8036F41-0787-4601-9E75-212DE2616C5B.jpeg

Every Jaguar I-PACE comes with dual electric motors developed and built in house, a 90 kWh pouch cell battery, and 240 miles of range. The car has 394 horsepower and 512 lb-ft of torque — enough to blast it to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. Range is listed as 240 miles. An 80% charge takes 40 minutes when using a 100 kW DC fast charger or 10 hours if “level 2” home charging equipment is used. The I-PACE supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also is the first Jaguar automobile capable of over the air software updates.

“Is the I-PACE better than the Tesla Model X?” The question actually misses the point. The goal is to expand the number of electric cars available to the public. Just as a BMW is different from an Audi or a Mercedes, the I-PACE and the Model X are also different. Each provides its own answer to what defines a premium electric SUV.

One difference that may be important to some is that the I-PACE will accept a roof rack for carrying kayaks and surfboards. It also will have an available bicycle rack that includes an extra pair of tail lights to warn drivers following behind not to get too close.

Interesting!

Here’s a review: I-pace review

BillLin likes this.
  2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

Gord likes this.
  3. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

The Jaguar I-Pace has a Cd of 0.29, and a few aerodynamic surprises:

Here's a worthwhile review:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Gord likes this.
  4. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

Looks like a very nice car ... for those with lots of money and few road trips.

/ I wonder if there's any way Jaguar could partner with Tesla on their supercharger network?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Gord likes this.