Snow please

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dorean Clarke, May 15, 2018.

1. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

When the weather is getting hotter and hotter, I start to appreciate the snow. It's 40 deg here. What about your place?

BillLin, Jay and xcel like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Dorean:

61 in Carlsbad, CA with a high of maybe 68 today! No snow here in forever. :(

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Laughs in Texan.

Looking like a high of 90F here today. We're not likely to see a LOW of 68 until maybe September.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  4. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

In the northeast, we're having "April" in May. Days start in the low to mid 50s and might get to the 60s. Will be raining on and off for the next 6 or 7 days. Supposed to be a hot summer this year, so I'm not complaining.
    I don't miss the snow. We actually had a couple of inches of snow here on the first day of Spring.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

In Tucson, we're experiencing 10 to 15 degF warmer temps than "normal". We had our first 90deg day in mid-April and we had a series of 100+deg days at the beginning of this month. My lease expires at the end of the month. I thought I would stay till the end of the lease and then head north to Idaho, but now I'm thinking of forfeiting the rent I've paid and leaving early.

PaleMelanesian, BillLin and xcel like this.
  6. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

We hit 86 in central Mass today. I experienced it only briefly then drove into a bunch of rain and the temperature dropped into the 70s. It's now 59 and the rain is finishing up.

xcel and Jay like this.
  7. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Whimpers in Texan
    That's rough.

8. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

Tough crowd. :D

EdwinTheMagnificent and xcel like this.
  9. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Today , 55 deg F. Wind was not a factor , SE 0-1.
    15.4 miles , 76.26 MPG.
    Because of good trip home yesterday(79.1) ,
    tank is at 450.3 miles , 71.89 MPG.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  10. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

That's what happens when I post before coffee ! I pasted the
    above where it belongs, (Daily Grind).

xcel, BillLin and PaleMelanesian like this.
  11. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

I'm enjoying this week of rain with temps in the 70s. I planted new grass a couple weeks ago, and I'm supposed to be watering it every day, so with it raining every day, I'm not complaining.

Jay, xcel and BillLin like this.
  12. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Well, around late April I parked my truck in Rochester, NY and spent the night with my brother- and sister-in-law. It was mild when I parked, woke the next morning to snow...a week and a half later, I was home in Texas where it was low 90s.

13. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

I'm wandering around in shorts these days, the Great White North is definitely gone on the southwest coast of Canada. :)

BillLin likes this.