Refreshed 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Details

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Apr 20, 2018.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] More standard equipment and a new lower price!

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – April 19, 2018

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited

[​IMG]

The refreshed 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid now incorporates the 2018 MY Sonata refresh design updates inside and out while delivering 1 more mpg city and highway on both the SE and Limited trims. It also includes numerous safety and design enhancements while being offered for an even lower starting price.

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Exterior/Interior Redesign

The exterior features a new hood and fenders, the new signature cascading grille, and a new rear deck lid.

Inside the Sonata Hybrid includes an updated center stack area and instrument cluster with a new leather-wrapped three-spoke wheel design.

[​IMG]

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Drivetrain

2018 Sonata Hybrid’s 2.0L GDI I4 mated to a std. 6-speed AT and 38 kW motor is a carry over. The capacity of the Li-Ion polymer traction battery has been increased from 1.62 kWh to 1.76 kWh allowing more EV operation. The increased battery pack size adding to the drivetrains efficiency improves both city and highway fuel economy by 1 mpg.

[​IMG]

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Pricing

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE - $25,500, down $500 from the 2017 MY
    2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited - $30,500, up $400 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited (with Ultimate Package) - $34,350, down $250 from the 2017 MY

D&H = $885, up $50 over the 2017 MY

2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Efficiency Increases

SE

2018 - 40/46 mpgUS city/highway
    2017 - 39/45 mpgUS city/highway

Limited

2018 - 39/44 mpgUS city/highway
    2017 - 38/43 mpgUS city/highway

The 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid now includes Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert standard on the base SE trim. New available features include Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, an additional USB charge port, wireless Qi charge, heated wheel, bi-function LED headlamps (replaces 2017 Limited’s HIDs).

Limited with Ultimate Package adds Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Qi charging and a heated wheel.

The 2018 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is available now at Hyundai dealerships nationwide.

BillLin likes this.
  2. rhwinger

rhwinger Well-Known Member

Beautiful car...just got better!

EdwinTheMagnificent, BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

The guts and execution may be different, but the angled overhead view above reminds me of the Ford Fusion.

xcel likes this.