Live from NY, It's the 2019 Nissan Altima!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Mar 29, 2018.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Yet another mainstream NYIAS intro.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – March 29, 2017

Nissan introduced their all-new Altima with new styling, interior, two new powerplants, and for the first time, an AWD variant will be offered.

The all-new 6th gen Altima includes ProPILOT Assist as highlighted in the 2018 Rogue from last fall’s TAWA Truck Rodeo will be standard on the 2019 Altima SV, SL and Platinum trims.

The 2019 Altima also includes Rear Automatic Braking, which helps the driver detect stationary objects when backing up, and if necessary applies the brakes to help avoid a collision. The addition of Rear Automatic Braking to Nissan Safety Shield creates Safety Shield 360, which provides front, side and rear safety monitoring and intervention technologies – including Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking, Lane Departure Warning (LDW), radar-based Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and High Beam Assist (HBA).

2019 Nissan Altima Drivetrain(s)

Two new engines replace the previous-gen Altima's 3.5L V6 as the company's world's first production-ready variable compression turbo I4. The compression ratio varies between 8:1 (for high performance) and 14:1 (for high efficiency) – with an advanced multi-link system continuously raising or lowering the pistons' reach to transform the compression ratio.

The direct injected 2.5L I4 is rated at 188 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque while providing lower noise, vibration and harshness, and improved fuel economy. Nissan was very quiet on the final efficiency results.

For the first time, the 2019 Altima can be equipped with All-Wheel Drive on all trim levels equipped with the 2.5L I4.

The all-new Altima is 1.1 inches lower in height, 1.0 inches longer in length and 0.9 inches wider, plus is has a 1.9-inch longer wheelbase. It can be equipped with efficiency robbing 19” alloys and tires with 16s. 17s, and 18s standard on the carious trims. Inside, the interior features a wide "gliding wing" instrument panel.

Key interior comfort and convenience features range from seats with added bolstering for improved holding and support – I am not sure this addition is an advance???, to standard NissanConnect featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and an 8” multi-touch color display.

The 2019 Altima will be offered in S, SR, SV, SL and Platinum trims. All five come equipped with the standard 2.5L I4 with the optional AWD system. The SR and Platinum are available with the advanced 2.0L VC-Turbo engine (front-wheel drive only). The Platinum trim VC-Turbo will be offered in limited quantities and open for reservations in early summer 2018 (U.S. market only).

An efficient Altima gets even better with improved exterior/interior appearance, vastly improved infotainment, safety, and more importantly, improved efficiency. The 2019 Altima will reach Nissan dealerships nationwide this fall.

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  2. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Fortunately unlike latest models from Toyota/Lexus they offer Android auto. Is 'Android Auto' market share really that low that Toyota/Lexus offers now only 1 choice? Or cost cutting measure...
    The interior looks a lot like Honda surprisingly. Not unique unfortunately. But exterior is I think lot more interesting.

I wonder if we see a hybrid midsize model again from Nissan.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I was not able to hear the video ( no speakers here at work ) , but it sounds like only one new engine. Is the 2.5 the turbo four ? Is there another one you didn't mention ,Wayne ?

BillLin and xcel like this.
  4. xcel

Hi Edwin:

The Altima has a 2.5L 4 and 3.5L 6 but the new model uses a revised 4 and 6 with more power and efficiency. I sent a note to Nissan PR and was told the EPA will be released closer to launch.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  5. xcel

2019 Nissan Altima Edition ONE

Nissan announced that reservations will begin on June 15 for the Altima Edition ONE, a limited production launch edition of the all-new 2019 Nissan Altima, along with all other 2019 Altima models. The sixth generation of Nissan's best-selling sedan goes on sale this fall at Nissan dealers nationwide.

2019 Nissan Altima First Look

From the MAMA Spring Rally at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI.​

The Edition ONE includes 19-inch dark gray alloys, rear spoiler, external ground lighting, illuminated kick plates and Edition ONE badging and floormats. Buyers will have access to the new Edition ONE Nissan Concierge that features 24/7 live assistant access that can be reached in-vehicle or through compatible smart phone, smart watch or smart speaker apps. The service is no-charge for the first three years of Edition ONE ownership.

The Edition ONE is based on the top-of-the-line Altima Platinum VC-Turbo, which includes leather, Bose audio, moonroof, the variable compression turbocharged 2.0L I4 and ProPILOT Assist, an advanced single-lane "hands-on" driving assistance technology. It will be available in just three exterior colors – Scarlet Ember, Pearl White and Super Black.

The Edition ONE reservation program also offers participants a choice of premium gift selections (redeemable seven days after vehicle purchase) – including a choice of an Amazon Echo Show plus Amazon Prime membership, a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ plus an Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Prime membership, or a Series 3 Apple Watch.

[​IMG]

Reservations and gift selections include the choice of an Amazon Echo Spot, Bose Soundlink Revolve plus Amazon Echo Dot, or wireless Apple AirPod headphones.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.