Audi Germany Bonus: Trade-in Older High Emission for New Low Emission Models

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Dec 31, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Owners replacing older Euro I – Euro IV emission turbo diesels for new PHEVs and CNG fueled Audis can experience a $12k discount before Government incentives are applied!

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Dec. 31, 2017

Auto A3 e-tron

[​IMG]
    Charging at my home in California last year.​

In Europe, Audi is offering very enticing new automobile purchase incentives to switch from gross polluters to modern and more environmentally friendly automobiles. Future customers who switch from Euro I-IV rated turbo diesel-powered cars to Euro 6 rated Audi PHEV or G-Tron (CNG) can receive a discount of between $3,600 and $12,000 USD. The trade-in bonus begins tomorrow in Germany and will run until through March 31, 2018.

The traded in Turbo Diesels will be taken off the road and scrapped. It does not necessarily have to be a new car as Audi is offering incentives for customers who change over to a late-model used Audi. Approval of the bonus financed by AUDI AG is granted directly through the Audi dealerships without customers having to make separate applications to the local Government.

Audi e-tron PHEV owners receive additional benefits including the German government’s “environmental bonus” bonus in addition to the Audi bonus.

For future drivers of an Audi A4 or A5 Avant and Sportback g-tron, the trade-in bonus increases to $11,400 USD. In gas mode with S tronic, both models produce 20 percent CO2 than a gasoline-powered car. This figure is increased when refueled with green fuel Audi e‑gas that emit 80 percent less CO2 than a gasoline-powered car in the same performance class.

BillLin likes this.