2019 Chevrolet Silverado Reveal

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Dec 20, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Full details scheduled for release from the NAIAS in Detroit in just two weeks.

James Davis – CleanMPG – Dec. 16, 2017

Introducing the all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado with a unique entry for attendees of the reveal.

From the Chevrolet release, the 2019 Silverado 1500 is all new from the ground up and leverages Chevrolet’s experience building more than 85 million dependable trucks over the 100-years of building them. It also reflects feedback from more than 7,000 people on what they wanted in their next truck — the most customer researched truck in the company’s history.

The 2019 Silverado’s modern design with what appears to be shorter overhangs front and rear advances Chevrolet’s history of pickup design. The next-gen Silverado is poised to change the face of trucks again, with an unmistakably Chevrolet bowtie design theme with a more advanced and modern stance.

The new Silverado is said to provide improved capability and performance with a higher-grade alloy in the roll-formed, high-strength-steel bed floor. This bed is said to be more functional - not sure where that comes form just yet??? - and lighter weight. This use of mixed materials and advanced manufacturing is evident throughout the Silverado, resulting in a significant reduction in total vehicle weight and improved performance in many measures. Notice they did not say the use of aluminum anywhere in the release yet you can bet it is used... ;)

2019 Chevrolet Silverado

[​IMG]

The next-gen Silverado will offer an expanded range of trims, more engine/transmission combinations, and more technology and convenience features.

The new Silverado LT Trailboss is one of eight 2019 Silverado models. It integrates the off-road equipment of the Z71 package as well as a two-inch suspension lift. Unlike aftermarket lift kits, the Trailboss suspension is fully tested, validated and warrantied by Chevrolet.

The 2019 Silverado will make its public debut in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, exactly 100 years after the first Chevrolet trucks were delivered to customers.

BillLin likes this.
  2. I didn't hear anything about a 4.3 V6 (the engine in my Sierra). Only heard 3 engines, 5.3, 6.2 and, are you ready? A 3.0 straight 6 Duramax Diesel!
    Anything with a hinge on the body is now aluminum - doors, hood and tailgate. Bringing a tape tomorrow to measure the changes to the wheel wells and bed.

wxman and BillLin like this.
  3. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Interesting if they used much aluminum after the marketing fuss they raised about Ford's aluminum stuff - makes me snicker a bit, but it was also probably inevitabe both that they do some posturing against Ford and adopt it as part of a much-needed diet.

BillLin likes this.
  4. It's ok. They left the bed steel so they can make fun of ford

BillLin likes this.
  5. They said they made the bed wider by making the wheel wells separate from the bed. Looks like the distance between the wheel wells is about 4'3"-4'4". The wider width is above the wheel wells.

One of the reviews of the release I watched on you tube said there was a spot to plug in back up cams on the bumper. I thought, what? Not on the truck at the show, it's trailer wiring. Back up cams are near the tailgate handle.

Speaking of tailgate, it's power down and up. Down comes fast, couldn't get the up to work. Maybe not powered on.

BillLin likes this.