2019 VW Jetta Renderings Released - Scheduled for the 2018 NAIAS

Discussion in 'Volkswagen' started by xcel, Dec 13, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

This morning VW posted renderings of their all-new 2019 VW Jetta scheduled to debut at the 2018 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in early January.

2019 VW Jetta Renderings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The stretched rendering will probably be a bit more subdued as will the wheel fill but look at the deep shadow zero-radius character line from the top of the front headlamps, paralleling the belt line and disappearing into the top of rear passenger door. A second more pronounced line from the front quarter wheel arches, through the handles (I assume handles???), and into the top of the rear lamps is also striking. I like these design feature a lot!

No word on the drivetrain yet. Hopefully it will include an all-new hybrid and plug-in hybrid system. We will hear more shortly.

Wayne

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Yeah , but can you kick the tires on a rendering ? Hmmmph.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Edwin:

Less than a month away. :)

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

They need to put the excellent 1.4tsi engine in a Golf ! But a Jetta with ( finally ) 6MT would be nice.

BillLin likes this.
  5. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

You may have more difficulty sticking your bike in back though... Still doable I'm sure with a few contortions.

xcel and EdwinTheMagnificent like this.
  6. EdwinTheMagnificent

I put it in my 2008 Civic sedan. I did have to remove the front wheel and saddle.

And the bike I want to ride more often is the Giant 27.5" , and that won't fit in the Prius without disassembly , anyway.

It did fit , barely , before I modified it with a riser to lift the handlebars a bit higher.

In the summertime , I quite often left the Trek 26" in the car a lot.

I could stand 10 feet away , and just THROW it in the car.

Yes, I like to exaggerate.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  7. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Handsome enough. But still not a fan of the Passat-esque grille. It's not very graceful. VW doesn't have to make a sexy car, look at their (arguably) peak years around 2000 and you'll see pretty geometric lines, functional and attractive with not that much concession to anything super sexy. And yet, it worked.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    xcel and Mendel Leisk like this.