Happy thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Blackbelt, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day. I will be traveling to my younger brothers house for some free food. I am looking forward to the spirited debates we will have. My little brother worships on the altars of speed and size. He likes his vehicles huge and powerful. He drag races as a serious hobby. He works in the auto business(service manager). His 2 kids 13 and 10 both race Junior dragsters. His wife started racing also this year. He owns a Ram 3500 dually (but it is a cummins), as well as a Hemi AWD Charger. SO here comes big brother with his smart fortwo and his Toyota Prius C. I still think he may have been adopted.LOL (or maybe i was). But we will agree to disagree, and at the end of the day, we are family and love one another, and that's whats important.
    I wish you all the same as you spend time with loved ones this day.

RedylC94, xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi BlackBelt:

Thank you for posting your Thanksgiving Day message and I know which of the two brothers I would rather hang out with. I have much more in common with your c and smart ForTwo. :)

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

Thanks Wayne. I hope someday we cross paths. In the meantime, i just got my "C" PA inspected and put a set of Firestone Winterforce 2 winter tires on it. Between those tires and the cold, i expect to take a bit of a mileage hit, but that's just another challenge. it will be garaged nightly, so it will have the advantage of starting out 30-40 degrees warmer than the outside temperature. What i found interesting is that the PA inspection, which is quite stringent, presented no problem to my 2014 with 33K miles. I asked the tech how much brake pad i had left. He said "they were almost like new, 10/32". Brand new is 12/32". That being the case, i should be able to get close to 100K from my brakes.

BillLin and xcel like this.