2018 Nissan Rogue: All-new MAJOR Feature Additions

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Nov 9, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Available ProPILOT Assist is the shiny object while standard Android Auto is “Da Bomb”!

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Oct. 17, 2017

2018 Nissan Rogue

[​IMG]

2018 Nissan Rogue S FWD - $25,655 including the $975 D&H Handling charge. With its 170 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque 2.5L I4 mated to the wide ratio (7.0:1) CVT, owners receive a CUV with an excellent 26/33 mpg city/highway rating. 25/32 mpg city/highway as an AWD model.

2018 vs. 2017 Nissan Rogue Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)

2018 Nissan Rogue S FWD $24,680 USD + $860 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Nissan Rogue SV FWD $25,900 USD + $660 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Nissan Rogue SL FWD $31,060 USD + $1,100 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Nissan Rogue S AWD $26,030 USD + $860 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD $27,250 USD + $660 over the 2017 MY
    2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD $32,410 USD + $1,100 over the 2017 MY

Unlike its main competitors from both Toyota and Honda, the Rogue through the 2017 MY could be picked up for multiple thousands of $s off retail. While it may be a while before the 2018 Rogue MY experiences similar discounts, the upfront cost is lower while better equipped.

2018 Nissan Rogue

[​IMG]
    The radar hardware is located behind the larger Nissan badge within the Signature V-Motion Grille.​

Nissan’s bestselling model, the Rogue, received numerous HUGE!!! additions for the 2018 MY strengthen its desirability in the hotly contested CUV segment. For the 2018 MY, the Rogue receives the brands all-new ProPILOT Assist technology, which provides lane keep assist vis camera and radar cruise control handling braking and accelerating during single-lane highway driving. The Rogue is the first model to receive the accident avoidance and driving convenience feature(s) within the brands entire lineup. The All-new 2018 Nissan LEAF is next.

ProPILOT Assist provides Level 2 Autonomy and like other manufactures offering their own systems, is the basis for future fully autonomous vehicles.

The Lane Keep Assist portion attempts to keep the Rogue centered in the lane while the Radar Cruise maintains a set vehicle speed when the road ahead is clear and maintains a set time that varies with speed from the vehicle ahead as traffic ebbs and flows from a full stop all the way up to the set CC speed. All of this is done with a two-button switch on the wheel. ProPILOT Assist is available on the highest SL trim as part of the Platinum Package.

In use I found the Lane Keep Assist system provides a very heavy hand at maintaining the Rogue centered in its lane. A bit too much as wheel torque necessary to move it off center could prove to be too demanding for the average driver.

Regarding Radar CC, I was only able to test it on a lightly traveled single lane road but will report back after spending a few miles behind the wheel of the 2018 Nissan LEAF with it activated.

Nissan ProPILOT Assist Timeline

[​IMG]

The 2017 Nissan Rogue is already a Top Safety Pick Plus rated vehicle from the IIHS and received 4 of 5-Stars from NHTSA. I expect the 2018 Rogue to be rated similarly.

2018 Rogue’s Big News

From our previous drives of the award winning 2016 Rogue, it provided segment leading efficiency, very comfortable NASA Zero Gravity seating, great pricing, and with the V-Motion grille, even a little pizzazz on the looks front. While Honda’s CR-V topped its record setting efficiency with the availability of the 1.5T in 2017, the Rogue’s pricing advantage continues to make it the CUV to consider. Its only real shortfall was the NissanConnect infotainment with an outdated GUI and SW back end. For 2018, that changes.

2018 Nissan Rogue ProPILOT Assist Wheel Control

[​IMG]

Along with ProPILOT Assist available on the highest trim 2018 Rogue SL Platinum, imho the number one feature add for the 2018 MY is the addition of Android Auto on a 7” display which is now standard across all trims. Apple CarPlay was also added but in my experience across numerous vehicle lines, it works so poorly that it should not be included. For NAVI, NAVI voice control and guidance, real time traffic, text read back and voice text output, integrated Pandora, and minimal distractions, nothing is better. With its inclusion in the 2018 MY Rogue, that handicap has been not just been overcome but brings it up to the best in the business. One additional USB port (inside front center console box) was added to all trims.

Motion-Activated Liftgate is now std. with the SV and SL trims.

The SL trim includes Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI) and Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection.

The Midnight Edition Package from the SV trim now includes black front and rear fascia accents, black rear license plate finisher, black V-motion grille, black emblems.

The SV Sun and Sound Touring Package now includes the Premium Package content with Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and memory driver’s seat and outside mirrors.

Revised SL Platinum Package with ProPILOT Assist (Intelligent Cruise Control with full speed range and hold, steering assist) and an electronic parking brake which replaces another short fall, the old school foot release parking brake which is thankfully gone.

Two new exterior colors: Scarlet Ember and Midnight Pine are also offered.

The 2018 Rogue includes LED Daytime Running Lights, an available power panoramic moonroof and available Motion-Activated Liftgate (standard on Rogue SV and SL grades).

2018 Nissan Rogue SV Platinum Interior

[​IMG]

Inside, the Platinum Reserve Interior Package offers tan leather seating w/ special quilted leather inserts, EZ Flex Seating System, and Divide-N-Hide Cargo System.

The Midnight Edition is upgraded with additional “blackout” features including black outside mirror caps, black front and rear fascia accents, black V-motion grille, black roof rails, black rear license plate finisher, black “ROGUE” rear emblem, black “SV” rear emblem, “Midnight Edition” badge, black 17” SV alloys, black cross bars, splash guards, Midnight Edition floor mats and illuminated kickplates. The Midnight Edition Package is offered on Rogue SV grade in Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic and Pearl White exterior colors.

Also available is NissanConnect with Navi and NissanConnect with Navigation and Driver Assistance Services. Other available technology includes Intelligent Around View Monitor (I-AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD), radar-based Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI) and standard Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB).

2018 could prove to be the Rogue’s best as it offers excellent efficiency, std. segment leading infotainment on all trims, and an upfront cost the average consumer can actually afford.

2018 Nissan Rogue

[​IMG]

Now if only ProPILOT Assist was standard, that would really be something. :)

kbergene and BillLin like this.