New member Skylis A

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Skylis A, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Skylis A

Skylis A 2017 Prime Plug-in Advanced

My username is the name of my car, it's a 2017 Prime plug-in hybrid. I came over here from PriusChat, because the PriusChat website keeps going down for hours or days at a time every week. Occasional site outages have been a longstanding issue with their site for the whole last few years that I've been there, but it's been a very frequent problem for the past month and is causing all of us frustration. I saw a recommendation to consider CleanMPG, so that is why I am here.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. alster

alster Well-Known Member

Welcome Skylis A. This is a great forum. The founder, Wayne Gerdes, does some great in depth reviews of cars.

3. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

Welcome, Skylis A! My wife drives one just like yours. Not quite Volt-like in its avoidance of using gas, but pretty good nevertheless. We just filled up after an 1100-1200 mile tank. Could do better if we actually tried. :)

xcel likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Welcome . Skylis A. You have a great car !

5. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I've been frustrated with PriusChat, too. It used to be useful and interesting. After September 2015, it wouldn't let me download attachments. After September 2016, it hasn't let me log on at all from home or from my mother's computer, so occasionally I travel to a library to see it. Yesterday I tried at the library, only to be greeted with a jumbled format of two pages superimposed on each other, and a "data base error" warning when I tried to click to others.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. Welcome to the forum

7. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Welcome Skylis A

BillLin likes this.
  8. Skylis A

Skylis A 2017 Prime Plug-in Advanced

Nice. I was able to go about 910 miles on mine but had to get a few more gallons in prep. for a road trip. Lifetime fuel economy so far is 104 mpg according to the computer. Pure highway fuel economy at 60-65 mph is 55 mpg (computer tends to read high, so, maybe 53 mpg, which matches EPA).

Exactly. It's happening again today, and my guess is that it'll be another all-day thing. I wonder how many others from PriusChat will find their way here to populate CleanMPG.

BillLin likes this.
  9. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

I suspect there are many dual-readers from long ago. I never did get to PriusChat much and I don't think I ever posted. It was just the most logical place to find Prius-specific lore.

10. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I'm a member at PriusChat , but I seldom go there. It's full of people high-fiving themselves for getting 50 MPG.

50 MPG , depending of course on variables like temperature , length of trip , etc. is as easy as falling off a log.

There IS some useful info there , but you sometimes gave to dig to get it.

BillLin likes this.
  11. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

Welcome. I aspire to a Prime, currently finishing year 8 and over 102,000 miles on '10 Prius.

BillLin likes this.