Is this real - GM going all electric?

Discussion in 'GM' started by TheStepChild, Oct 4, 2017.

1. "GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs.”

BAHAHAHAHAHA. That is the funniest thing i have ever heard. EVER.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi James:

Sure they are! Want to buy a 2017 Cadillac CT6 PHEV-31 with its monstrous 10 cu. ft. trunk and a 23/29 mpg rating on gasoline for $76,090 or the 2018 CT6 for $54,095 with a 22/30 mpg rating? Not good. :(

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. xcel

Hi James:

Not all but they did lay out an interesting timeline...

GM Outlines All-Electric Path to Zero Emissions

GM announced how it is executing on a major element of its vision of a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion, recently announced by GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra.

GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet customers' needs.

[​IMG]

In the next 18 months, GM will introduce two new all-electric vehicles based off learnings from the Chevrolet Bolt EV. They will be the first of at least 20 new all-electric vehicles that will launch by 2023.

Given customers' various needs, getting to a zero emissions future will require more than just battery electric technology. It will require a two-pronged approach to electrification — battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell electric depending on the unique requirements.

GM also introduced SURUS — the Silent Utility Rover Universal Superstructure — a fuel cell powered, four-wheel steer concept vehicle on a heavy-duty truck frame that’s driven by two electric motors. With its capability and flexible architecture, SURUS could be used as a delivery vehicle, truck or even an ambulance — all emissions free.

Sorry for getting this up so late. I was buried in sales reports. :(

BillLin likes this.
  4. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

This one looks interesting, though probably not practical from a utility perspective.

interesting-EV.jpg

5. xcel

Hi Bill:

Good catch and I agree!!! :)

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  6. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

I'm sorry you had the nightmare I remember you having with your Volt. It tainted me but it's also the only major problem I've heard about one. Matt Farah (on YouTube as The Smoking Tire) of all people has had one and LOVES it, and is considering reclaiming the lease he offloaded to his sister a while back. I'm not going to try to convince you that GM electric/hybrid stuff is any good, but they are looking towards what looks like the future of the automobile, and that's something.

Some of their other electric stuff like the EV-1 and Cadillac ELR were marginal and overpriced but the thinking isn't bad.

xcel and BillLin like this.