Chasing Coral

Discussion in 'Emissions' started by rhwinger, Jul 29, 2017.

1. rhwinger

rhwinger Well-Known Member

When I started hypermiling, it was all about minimizing petro dollars going to people who didn't like us. And trying to minimize our reasons to send our finest overseas in harms way.

I saw Al Gore's movie, and while I agreed with what he was saying for the most part, I just couldn't get all that excited. Maybe because it seemed like the problems were not right in my face, right now.

Then I saw Chasing Coral on Netflix the other night. I'd like to ask anyone who sees this post to set aside 2 hours and watch it. Kinda brings the problem into right-now focus. It has shifted my outlook quite a bit.

Thanks,

Bob W

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    BillLin and xcel like this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I will check it out when I get home tonight, Bob.

xcel likes this.
  3. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Coral reefs are near and dear to my heart. I grew up on a tropical beach with the reef right there in front of me. It sickens me what is happening to them.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  4. puddleglum

puddleglum Well-Known Member

I finally had a chance to watch this tonight. Wow, I had no idea that this was happening or what the coral reefs even really were for that matter. I certainly never thought warmer air had any effect on the oceans. I guess I'm just like most other people in the world, oblivious to what you don't see. It's really tragic.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member