New 2017 Toyota Prius Prime - Just $18,060 + TTL after the deals!

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

The most efficient PHEV on the market today was just provided another bonus for those interested.

From the short lead and reviews afterwards, you would be hard pressed to beat it on an efficiency and safety basis. Its pricing was already superlative and now it is to the point of ridiculous.

2017 Toyota Prius Prime: Price + Content + Efficiency = WOW!!!

Moving forward, Toyota has just added a $2,500 rebate to the already low price if you are willing to purchase it from a Toyota dealership in the NY City area.

Here is what the details looks like for those living in a state with a tax credit on top of the dealer discount, Toyota rebate, Federal Tax Credit, and UBER driver discount.

[​IMG]

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plus

Plus Trim MSRP: $28,209 incl. mat(s) and $885 D&H
    Purchase at $27,300 (incl. $900 dealer discount)

Toyota $2,500 NY City area rebate
    $750 UBER Discount <-- Just sign up
    $4,500 Fed Tax credit <-- Arrives when you file your taxes next year
    $1,500 California State Tax Rebate <-- Arrives a few weeks after purchase for Californian's

= $18,060 + TTL

If you are unwilling to fly into NY CIty, pick it up, and drive it back to wherever you live, I am sorry as this is exactly how I purchased our 2013 Toyota Prius PHEV-11 in NY City 4+ years ago and drove it back to San Diego, California immediately afterwards.

2017 Toyota Prius Prime

[​IMG]

A damn good one!

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2012 Pip and 2017 Prime

In Mass, I just saw $3,125 cash back advertised from Toyota on "certain Prius Prime"... I didn't dig further. I also saw $3500 mentioned by a CT dealer.

Jay and xcel like this.
  3. xcel

Hi Bill:

SOB!!!!!! Thanks for posting those pricing details!!! I did a quick search with a Boston Zip and sure enough, Toyota is placing $3,125 on the hood. Damn that is smokin hot!

[​IMG]

The Prime Plus for some at < $17,500 USD brand new. Damn!!!

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. xcel

Hi All:

This is the kind of deal that keeps on giving!

If you are considering a Hybrid of any type, you cannot skip this one. A 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in for now just over $17k brand new for quite a few. I checked, CA, NY, MA, and CT with MA offering the best rebate deal at $3,250 off.

[​IMG]

Wayne

Jay and BillLin like this.
  5. xcel

HI All:

With just three weeks before the end of the year and the possibility the new Republican Tax removing the Internal Revenue Code Section 30D providing a credit for Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicle Tax Credit (IRC 30D), Toyota has placed $3,500 on the hood of their Prius Prime from NY area dealerships.

[​IMG]

I looked at inventory at 10 dealerships in Western NY with the std. adverts showing another $350 to $550 below MSRP discounts. I have no idea about any BS from any of the NY State dealerships since we purchased our own from a Queen's Toyota dealer over 5-years ago.

There are very few base model Prime Plus' which imho is the trim to purchase as the 11" screen with no control knobs on the Premium and Advanced is a non-starter in my book.

If you are on the fence, the small dealer discount, the large $3,500 Toyota incentive, and the even larger $4,500 tax credit is a big deal. If the Conference bill passes with the Plug-in tax credit removed, after December 31st, there will be dealerships of all OEMs that have PHEVs and BEVs on their lots stuck with inventory across the country. Push for a deal if you are shopping this Holiday season. :)

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I could very easily be convinced to trade in my Gen 3 car on this.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  7. xcel

Hi Edwin:

Indeed!!!

My parents just signed a purchase contract for a new 2017 Toyota Prius Prime ($27,100) w/ the Blizzard Pearl white paint ($395) and D&H ($895) for a Monroney at $28,390 retail.

2017 Toyota Prius Prime PHEV-25

[​IMG]
    The lineup ...

[​IMG]
    Dual-wave rear glass set in a carbon fiber frame.​

The purchase price is $26,602 minus the $3,250 Toyota RI rebate for a purchase price of $23,352. Adding to that is a $200 Doc, $20 Title Prep, and $24 Temp tag so I can drive it back from RI to IL.

[​IMG]

My parents will have to pay the IL state tax on the $26,602 purchase price at 6.25% for a IL state tax price of $1,662.62 as soon as I get it back to IL for them. They qualify for the full $4,500 tax credit so their full OTD price will be $23,596 + $1,662.62 - $4,500 = $20,758.62.

Late next week I will be flying Southwest from LAX to Boston's Logan ($157), jumping on a bus or Amtrak to Providence, RI ($27), and being picked up at the airport by a dealership employee. Add another $35 for fuel to drive 1,011 miles from the North Kingstown, RI dealership to my parents home north of Chicago and a flight out of Milwaukee back to LAX ($157). $376 for transport and of course my 30-hours of flight and drive time which I am giving to them.

All in, a great 2017 Toyota Prius Prime PHEV-25 for just over $21k incl. my transportation all-in is a hell of a deal in my book.

Wayne

8. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

That really is one hell of a deal! As much as i love my Prius C,
    this is pretty tempting....

BillLin and xcel like this.
  9. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Very tempting.

xcel and BillLin like this.