2017 Honda Clarity Electric: Lease for$269/month

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Jun 12, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] First the FCV and its free fuel lease, now the Electric with big miles…

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – June 12, 2017

[​IMG]
    2017 Honda Clarity Electric – 89 miles of All-Electric Rate (AER) and 126/103/114 MPGe city/highway/combined.​

Prospective California and Oregon FCV owners will now be able to pick up the all-new 89-mile all-electric range (AER) 2017 Honda Clarity Electric with a very generous 20,000-mile allowance and 24/7 roadside assistance for an introductory lease price of $269 a month for 36 months (plus tax). The lease with the federal tax credit built in, requires prospective purchasers to put $1,730 down, plus the first month's lease payment at signing (not including tax, registration or official fees). In addition, California customers qualify for the state's Clean Vehicle Rebate of $2,500.

The Clarity Electric is powered by a 161 hp (120-kW) electric motor producing 221 lb.-ft. of torque and drawing power from a 25.5 kWh battery pack. The vehicle can be fully charged in just over three hours from a 240V Level2 charger and just 30-minutes from flat to 80 percent on an SAE Combined Charging System (CCS) DC fast charging system.

Honda Clarity

The Clarity has a low, wide aerodynamic body with unique design including its own special color, differentiated front styling, headlights, tail lamps, non-compromised trunk space, Honda Sensing and 18-inch alloys. Inside finds a 5-passenger Accord like and size interior with environmentally responsible materials.

The Clarity variants include Display Audio with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and the full suite of Honda Sensing safety and driver-assistive technologies.

With three different powertrains and luxury packaging, this shared "3-in-1"platform strategy will enable Honda to respond to infrastructure and market developments, provide customers nationwide with an ultra-low carbon vehicle that meets their lifestyle needs, and will take Honda toward higher volume sales of advanced powertrain products that will help reduce CO2 emissions.

As a preview, the Clarity PHEV is the one to watch while the FCV and BEV are the compliance vehicles.

BillLin likes this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I like this car. The range isn't too exciting , but enough for me. The 240V charging is fast. I believe I can plug in at work. Best of all , it's a Honda.

BillLin and xcel like this.