Brand Spankin' New

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Nick Isburgh, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Nick Isburgh

Nick Isburgh New Member

Hello,

My name is Nick and I am turning 25 on Father's Day...not a father though :)

I have a 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX.

My first tank I achieved 43.0 MPG...without knowing the term hypermile even existed, I am currently 160 miles into my second tank and am averaging 49.7 MPG...which I don't want to talk about because I was at 55.8 and made two short trips in.

I commute from Gainesville, GA about 54 miles down 985 to 85 into downtown Atlanta, GA. I have the luxury of a peach pass...but more importantly, I have the luxury of a 2001 Saturn SC2 to commute with. My Kia Optima Hybrid will be used strictly for medium to long drives at very specific weather conditions and times....I fully expect to average north of 60 MPG! There...I said it....

I look forward to what this community has to offer me :)

Nick

xcel, TheFordFamily and BillLin like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Nick:

Welcome to CleanMPG and a great ride!

Wayne

TheFordFamily and BillLin like this.
  3. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Welcome! You'll learn a lot here as I have. Good luck, and ask any and all questions that come to mind! I'm not the most knowledgeable person here, but my experience has been that folks here are incredibly eager to help in any way they can.

4. Welcome to the forum

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. Nick Isburgh

Nick Isburgh New Member

I'm very excited. I think this is an awesome take on the traditional "my car has to be the flashiest, loudest, fastest." I absolutely love killing that engine and driving in EV mode, and I think it goes without saying, the reactions you get from people are instantly hilarious every time...although, I think I want to tint my windows a bit hahaha!

6. TheFordFamily

TheFordFamily Well-Known Member

Welcome! I hope that you are able to improve your MPGs even more!

xcel likes this.
  7. 20% factory tint on the back windows, then i added 5% over that and 5% to the front doors. Still dont think its dark enough.

Had to swap vehicles with the gf today. About 150 miles in the 2013 dodge caravan with no tint on the front windows. Eyes were watering, cringing from the heat and glare. Yea, i'm spoiled

xcel likes this.
  8. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Welcome to the forum. Great ride. There is a lot of good info here.

xcel likes this.