The RAM/Jeep EcoDiesel Should be Back Soon!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, May 19, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] FCA submits conformity request letter.

[​IMG]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – May 19, 2017

The most efficient pickup drivetrain once available in the U.S. should be back shortly!

Following up on the RAM 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Emissions Issues story from January of this year, earlier today FCA stated that it has formally filed an application for diesel vehicle emissions certification with the EPA and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for its 2017 model-year MY Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 turbo diesel vehicles. The EcoDiesel will include updated emissions software calibrations to meet every last line of code in order to satisfy the U.S. EPA.

The filing is the result of many months of close collaboration between FCA US and EPA and CARB, including extensive testing of the vehicles, to clarify issues related to the Company’s emissions control technology. With the permission of EPA and CARB, FCA US intends to install the same modified emissions software in 2014-2016 MY Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 diesel vehicles. FCA US believes this will address the agencies’ concerns regarding the emissions software calibrations in those vehicles.

FCA US also believes that these actions should help facilitate a prompt resolution to ongoing discussions with the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and other governmental agencies.

FCA US expects that following EPA and CARB approval, owners of the 2014-2016 MY vehicles will be able to receive the software updates at their dealerships. FCA expects that the installation of these updated software calibrations will improve the 2014-2016 MY vehicles’ emissions performance and does not anticipate any impact on performance or fuel efficiency.

2016 RAM 1500 HFE

[​IMG]
    A more than solid 21/29 mpg rating for a full size work truck.​

One phrase describes my enthusiasm for this news. Welcome back and thank you!

BillLin likes this.