49 mpg combined rated 2017 Kia Niro EX under $20,000!!!

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, May 4, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

It is a good time to purchase a Niro with the discounts being applied for Midwest residents of IL. OH, and MI today. Click the image for the dealership details.

[​IMG]

The EX adds just the right equipment over and above the FE and LX to make it more consumer friendly over the long haul. The EX convenience and feature additions over the FE and LX are shown below.

2017 Kia Niro EX -- Exterior

Front fog lights
    LED DRLs
    Power folding heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
    Roof rails (LX has them as well and I would remove them ;))

2017 Kia Niro EX -- Interior

Cloth and leather seat trim
    Heated front seats
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob <-- Worth their weight in gold!
    Piano Black upper console
    USB charger in front console arm rest and dash
    Cargo cover
    Rear center arm rest with cup holder (LX has this also)
    Satin Chrome interior handles
    Rear A/C vent
    Power windows with Fronts Auto Up/Down

2017 Kia Niro EX -- Safety

Blind Spot Detection System (BSD)
    Lane Change Assist
    Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)

At this price, it is the definition of a Hot Deal!

Wayne

Jay and BillLin like this.
  2. DaveJ

DaveJ Well-Known Member

Wayne,
    Isn't this the same dealership you posted about last September with great sounding deals. I checked out their website at that time and called them a few times and got the run-a-round. If I remember correctly, the closest actual selling price on a Sorento I was interested in was several thousand higher than the website showed. The phone experience was bad, and online reviews were downright scary. If I remember correctly, I posted info on that at the time.Have you ever actually done business with them. If your experience with them are good and you have others report good, please feel free to delete this post. If not, buyers, be careful.

Jay, BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. xcel

Hi Dave:

Yes it is and 100 percent agree with buyer beware with this dealer AND any other. I actually visited this dealership with my mom a few months back as she is interested in a new Niro. Their online and phone persona sucks. Their in person interaction is far better.

Liberty Kia

[​IMG]
    Late January visit to look at the then static Niro.​

I am also not affiliated with them nor do I collect any $s from them. Or any other of these dealers I post the deals from. Wish I did actually.

I posted this because if this dealership is offering discounts to this level, the rest of them are or will be in the near future. Kia is providing the discounts and I can say with confidence that you can go shopping without worrying about another $5k being added to the hood in just a few months.

When you begin seeing 25 to 30 percent off retail, you are more than likely nearing, at or even below the cost to build.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the price alerts, Wayne. The Niro and Ioniq are great cars but they are not currently priced competitively, IMO. Hopefully, that will be rectified soon.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. DaveJ

DaveJ Well-Known Member

From the September thread, staff member Seftomn posted the following :

Doesn't sound promising http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Liberty-Auto-Plaza-review-18870/page2/?filter=ALL_REVIEWS

A couple that stood out to me and relevant to the deal above:

Not only did they not honor the advertised price of the Kia Optima we had thoroughly discussed ahead of time, but they didn't honor any of the offers they had promised on the phone!! $21,000 out the door on a vehicle that was advertised for $16,390! When asked to explain, it turned into a shouting match and it takes a lot for me to raise my voice. They tried to confuse us with ridiculous numbers, insulting our intelligence. Two other groups of people walked out annoyed while we were there and that should have been a clue but we gave them every opportunity to work with us. Worst dealership I have ever dealt with!

Certified vw on the dealer website. Confirmed the car with 3 separate sales people, including just prior to driving 1 hour to dealership. Arrive and am told car does not exist that I came to see, but have others for more money with more miles they would be happy to show me. One was possible but as price is negotiated they tack on $500 dealer fee on used car. 12 days later ghost car is still on their website fishing for new suckers.

Regards,
    Mike S.

Before driving any distance, read the reviews from above link and be careful.

xcel likes this.
  6. xcel

Hi Dave:

Great post. For comparison, start perusing other Kia dealership prices in the three states the deals are currently being offered. Here is the IL, MI, and OH M-Plan pricing currently available on on the Ioniq. The same deal plus is being offed for the Niro since it has been available for a longer period and there are more on dealership lots.

[​IMG]

Wayne