2017 Toyota Prius Prime Wins 2017 World Green Car Award

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by xcel, Apr 15, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] The award winning 2017 Prius Prime is now available for an even more astounding price!

[​IMG]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – April 12, 2017

2017 Toyota Prius Prime PHEV-25 - $27,985 to start including the $885 D&H charge while offering 25 miles of all-electric range, a 55/53 mpgUS city/highway rating as a standard hybrid and a world beating 133 MPGe rating in blended Electric and Hybrid Electric mode.

Along with our first drive at the short lead, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime: Price + Content + Efficiency = WOW!!!, did you know there is a $1,000 Toyota rebate on top of the stunning price?

As a recap, the base Prius Prime costs $27,985 + TTL. D&H fee rose by $20 since its launch late last year. Owners are also eligible for a $4,500 Fed Tax Credit and numerous state incentives including $1,500 state tax rebate in California, Massachusetts and Rhode Island make it a steal. This brings it down to $21,985 for those that qualify. But wait, that is not all. There is also $1k on the hood from Toyota and you should be able to knock off another $600 to $800 off from the dealer. Is a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime with the standard Safety Sense-P, P stands for Pedestrian detection, Radar CC, and FCW/Auto Braking for just $20,300 USD +TTL? SOB what a deal! :D

New York, NY – At this year’s New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime was bestowed the honor of being the 2017 World Green Car.

This is the second consecutive year Toyota earned the World Green Car title. Last year the award went to the Toyota Mirai.

2017 Toyota Prius Prime

[​IMG]
    A great way to skip the pump, reduce emissions, and increase your financial wherewithal.​

The Prius Prime was chosen from an initial entry list of 12 new vehicles from all over the world. Tailpipe emissions, fuel consumption, and use of a major advanced power plant technology (beyond engine componentry), aimed specifically at increasing the vehicle's environmental responsibility, were all taken into consideration.

Toyota is no stranger to the World Car Awards program, now in its 13th year. In addition to the Mirai’s win last year, the Toyota Prius earned “Top Three in the World” status in 2010 for both the World Green Car and the overall World Car of the Year categories. The Toyota Harrier Hybrid was the 2006 World Green Car of the year recipient.

Vehicles in all award categories are selected and voted on by an international jury panel comprising 75 top-level automotive journalists from 23 countries around the world.

It offers low emissions, efficiency beyond any other automobile available today, offers a choice of driving off the plug or the gas tank, it is safe, and it is also a better deal than the steal it was when first released last year. What more could you want from an automobile today? Well, maybe that rear middle seat and removal of the gloss white plastic inserts inside but I digress... ;)

BillLin and ALS like this.
  2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

I'm going to work on covering those white parts when I get the car.

Edit 1/25/2018 - I never did get around to covering the white plastic. On the two-tone interior, the lighter part of the dark and light color scheme makes the white less obvious. Good rationalization? :) I was thinking of using vinyl wrap, but was fearful of the concave curved surfaces. So another alternative was to remove the parts and paint them. Maybe in 2-3 years when the wife moves on to another new car. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    xcel likes this.
  3. joshdurston

joshdurston Rogue Canadian

Nice car, two things...
    1. This should just be the Prius (regular Prius is obsolete IMHO with advent of the PHEV Prime).
    2. Why isn't this for sale in Canada? Especially Ontario with our generous rebates.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  4. msantos

msantos Eco Accelerometrist

Hi All.

Long time no chat.

The Prime is finally available throughout Canada. I ordered mine on the 15th of January after a full year of waiting for the darn thing. :)
    I will have to wait for it though... at the moment it appears I'll take 4-5 months for mine to arrive.

On a side note:
    Toyota was also able to assure me that the traction battery warmer also works when plugged-in to an L1 outlet which is great since I do not have to add another L2 to the garage.

Cheers

Manuel

BillLin and xcel like this.
  5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Hi Manuel , welcome back. I'm sure you will love that Prime !

xcel and BillLin like this.
  6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

HI Manuel:

While you are waiting... :)

[​IMG]

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  7. BillLin

These wheels look nicer, as does the color rendition. Blue magnetism is too bright for me, so if the above is the same color under different lighting/color balance conditions, oh well. :)

xcel likes this.
  8. msantos

msantos Eco Accelerometrist

Well, for me it was actually a bit of a toss-up between the Prime and the Clarity. At the last minute, the Honda dealership declined to order a Clarity for me. Why?
    Well, Honda Canada requires that dealers install two L2 "charging stations" before they can sell and service these cars.

So much for the Clarity for me. It also did not help that Honda (unlike Toyota) was not very forthcoming answering some of my more technical questions. ;)

Anyhow, the blue magnetism looks great but my daughter suggested a white exterior this time and that is what we ordered. You can almost tell who's car this is likely to be in a couple of years time :D

Cheers

MS

Markus, xcel and BillLin like this.
  9. BillLin

:D:D smart girl/woman... and you're a push-over! :)

xcel likes this.
  10. C_ita

C_ita New Member

Hello! I am apart of a group of undergraduate marketing students at San Diego State University, working to learn more about the eco-friendly car market (e.g. full electric, hybrid, plug-in hybrid, fuel cell vehicles). We want to learn how people shop for these cars and what they're looking for when purchasing.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would take a couple minutes out of your day to take our survey, https://sdsubusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6hDMyMyTBdN7Q7H.

Your participation will enter you in a raffle to win a $30 Amazon Gift card. We would love your input, thanks!

I'm sorry if you keep seeing this survey around, we're just trying to be through in our sample of consumers!

11. Guess I can't take the survey