All-new 2018 Hyundai Accent

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Feb 11, 2017.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Just a glimpse.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Feb. 9, 2017

Hyundai’s world premiere of its all-new 2018 Accent subcompact on February 16, at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.

Ahead of the show, Hyundai released the teaser video of its feature vehicle with the brand’s latest signature design language. The new car features the cascading grille, slim and modern rear bumper, a sweeping roofline, and a sharp character line into slim rear combination wraparound lamps.

Further details about the all-new vehicle will be revealed during the Hyundai press conference scheduled for 9:35 am (ET) on February 16, in the North building of the Metro Toronto Convention Center.

The company will broadcast the debut live on its Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/HyundaiCanada.

I have high hopes for a very efficient - 40+ percent thermodynamically efficient - all-new 1.4L from the Elantra Eco minus the turbo mated to the 6-speed DCT from the Ioniq. #FingerCrossed. Inside I have hope for a std. 7" display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and backup camera with dynamic guidelines.

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

It seems that B-class buyers , at least in North America , don't expect much from a car beyond "peppy" performance (short gearing , non-linear throttle response ) and jazzy styling ( lookie me ! ) . The current Accent was probably about best-in-class already. It will be interesting to see what this new car is like.

xcel likes this.
  3. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Umm, yeah, it was one of the plausible candidates I checked when shopping to replace my elderly Mazda in 2014. Top-gear ratio was indeed less ridiculously "short" than in a Fit, Note, or earlier Accent. In the very short, slow test drive I was allowed, I was disappointed by the meager cargo space, unimpressive low-speed torque, vague shifter, and restricted rearward view. All that and the sales manager's insisting I had to buy it immediately, before they supposedly would transfer their only in-stock manual Accent hatchback to a dealer in Ohio the next day.

xcel likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I think sometimes a less-than-ethical dealer can sour one's impression of the car itself. I never actually drove the Accent or ANY of the B-class competition.

And after driving a Fit , ANY other shifter will feel vague, I suspect. Based on the four Civics I have owned.

PaleMelanesian and xcel like this.
  5. xcel

All-new 2018 Hyundai Accent Product Overview

[​IMG]

Sedan only as the hatch has been discontinued.
    • Hyundai’s new cascading grill, expressive & upscale design
    • Contemporary & Intuitive Interior design
    • Available premium exterior features: Projector headlight w/ LED DRL’s, Power sunroof and 17-inch alloy wheels, LED Taillights and fog lights
    Performance and Dynamics
    • Eco-efficient 1.6L GDI Dual-CVVT 4-cylinder engine with Standard 6-speed M/T or optional A/T
    • Improved noise, vibration, Harshness (NVH) control and ride quality
    • 54.5% Advanced High strength steel and 323 ft. of structural adhesives
    Audio, Multimedia & Telematics
    • Standard 5-inch color touchscreen with rearview camera
    • Available 7-inch display audio system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
    • Available Blue Link Connected Services 3-years with Standard complimentary service including Remote Start
    Comfort and Convenience
    • Available Segment 1st Hands-Free Smart Trunk Release & Dual charging USB (data x1/power x2)
    • Available Heated front seats, Proximity Push Button start, Dual Automatic Temperature Control and Smart Trunk release
    Safety Features
    • Standard Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
    • Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
    Backed by America’s Best Warranty

BillLin likes this.
  6. xcel

Hyundai’s U.S. Debut of the All-New 2018 Accent

At the 2017 Orange County Auto Show, Hyundai will have a Press Conference debuting the all-new 2018 Accent for the first time in the U.S.

[​IMG]

Thursday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 AM. PST at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Michael Evanoff, Hyundai Car Product Planning Manager and Brandon Ramirez, Hyundai Senior Group Manager Communications will be on hand providing details and interviews.