New D$W Meet, 2-25-17, Greenfield WI.

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by bradlee, Feb 11, 2017.

1. bradlee

bradlee Drive Less When You can - Drive $mart When You Do

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
    I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
    I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

Neil Armstrong

Hello to all D$W members and friends,

Through 12 years and 48 D$W/MiHG Meets, we have developed a passionate membership that has worked diligently to increase driver safety through fuel savings with the ultimate goal of “Protecting Our House” which is planet Earth…and our journey continues into our 13th year.

Marie, Justin and I welcome you to our 49th D$W Meet and our first of 2017 that will be held at the Greenfield Public Library on Saturday Feb. 25th from 10am to 2pm.

This year should be a challenging year for us all, with a change of the administration, but if we have learned anything in these 12 years of being together, persistence and patience are the key words as we share our passion for safe and fuel efficient driving…what we call Driving $marter. Our Meets are a great way to renew friendships and rekindle your passion for “Protecting Our House “ and this one should be special as we face these challenges.

As we have seen an incredible change in green transportation over these years, the Tesla S as a great example of what the future can be. So our main segment at this D$W Meet will be a presentation by D$W member Jerry Kashmerick on living with and driving the last year with his Tesla S. Jerry, who has developed the Kashmerick 6 cycle engine and has worked with the US DOT, will bring his engineering background and driving experiences to his talk but in simple terms that we’ll all understand in learning how the Tesla S works and what it can achieve.

We’ll also have some fun with a Fuel for Thought quiz and then have a general discussion on the new vehicles some of us have bought since our last Meet or are thinking of purchasing soon. Lastly, we should have some time left to discuss what the next four years may bring in addressing environmental issues and in promoting green transportation development.

Two last points, keep in mind that the 2017 Milwaukee Auto Show will be coming to town from Feb.25 to March 5 with more info below:

http://autoshowmilwaukee.com/

And last point, I’m looking to sell my 2000 Honda Insight, the 66th Insight to enter the US, that is excellent condition, 115,000 miles with a lifetime average of 72 mpg but needing a new battery pack. ($2500 through Powers EV) I’m currently getting 60-70 mpg without the pack, so if you’re looking for a beloved classic car, that will never rust that gets great mileage, send me an email.

So we look forward to hanging with you all for some intense discussion, fuel for thought, good food, great camaraderie and meeting new friends on Saturday the 25th.
    Remember, as we all enjoy the lower fuel costs recently, we still encourage all of D$W members to invite a friend, co-worker, relative, neighbor or just about anyone you know that drives to this or any D$W Meet. It'll change their lives, make them safer drivers, create a cleaner environment, lessen driving stress and most of all save them money on fuel and maintenance costs and "Protect Our House"...all for FREE!

So lets all Pay it Forward together and we hope to see you at this D$W Meet,

Marie, Justin and Bradlee Fons

DRIVE $MART WISCONSIN is now on Facebook, so please join us there and let's talk!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/drivesmartwi/