2017 Hyundai Ioniq - The New MPG King?

Discussion in 'General' started by NeilBlanchard, Dec 8, 2016.

1. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yep. The BEV is the mpge king as well. Prius fans are in shock and demand a recount. But then, the Prius is actually for sale in the US where the Ioniq and Kia Niro are still just promises. BTW, I hate that phony mpge unit. Nobody buys mpges. We buy kwhs. Why not use units like miles/kwh or kwh/mile--something we can all use?

xcel, EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  3. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

I read yesterday that sales of the new Ioniq in Korea are exceeding all expectations.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Hear , hear !

xcel likes this.
  5. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

We already have Wh/mile and miles/kWh, and we need MPGe to understand equivalency.

xcel likes this.
  6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Neil:

We have the story up about the Ioniq's efficiency in the Hyubdai forum.

With 4th gen 2016 Prius sales holding at low levels even with $4k+ on the hood, we may see not only super efficiency and low emissions for the masses but affordable transportation at that. My fingers are crossed on all fronts. :)

I am shopping a 2017 Prius Prime with my parents tonight if one can be found in Northeastern IL or Southestern WI. She does not want to wait for the Ioniq in February but she may be interested in the Niro using the same drivetrain which may be available before the year is out. Maybe.

I now have some experience with the drive train and you might like what I am hopefully able to post in a few days.

Wayne

Jay, TheFordFamily and BillLin like this.