World's fastest bicyclist

Discussion in 'General' started by xcel, Aug 30, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

This is a pretty cool story. I wrote a book report about a Guinness World Record back in 4th grade where a guy rode at 120 mph behind a train with wood planking set between the tracks. Given this lady is from my new hometown of Carlsbad, Calif., it is a pretty cool local story too!

IIRC, the 2015 Bonneville Speed Week was canceled due to rain so this is the year.

2. NaturalNaturer

NaturalNaturer Active Member

Woah! My fastest is 20 mph!

xcel likes this.
  3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Mine is 31mph. But I ran out of gearing (and hill).

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Bah! Riding fast behind a vehicle that's pulling a giant plank in front of you isn't sporting at all. If you want to go really fast on a bicycle, totally under your own power, you need the right tool: the AeroVelo Eta or something like it: http://www.aerovelo.com/eta-speedbike/. The AeroVelo team achieved 144.17 km/hr (89.59mph) in Battle Mtn., Nevada in 2015.

[​IMG]

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. Clap Creative

Clap Creative New Member

I just google world's fastest cyclist then found this

"John Howard, Olympic cyclist and Ironman triathlon winner, reset the record to 244 km/h (152 mph), also at the Bonneville Salt Flats, on 20 July 1985. Fred Rompelberg from Maastricht, Netherlands is the current holder of the motor-paced speed world record cycling with 268.831 km/h (166.9 mph) since 1995."

xcel likes this.