Looking for new tires for the FEH...

Discussion in 'General' started by 08EscapeHybrid, May 21, 2016.

1. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

Well, after barely 4 years and 52,000 miles, my Latitude Tours are checked and cracked. Dry rot... :( Still plenty of tread left though. I've always had great longevity with Michelins, but it looks like I will have to probably replace them before my safety inspection is due this fall. Michlein is not offering me much on the warranty... I can replace them for $128 ea. With such a low offer, I'm open to suggestions as to what might be a better tire out there.

Oh, and I also forgot to mention... They were having problems bringing up the tire in their system. Apparently, the Latitude Tours I have were a transitional model made for a short time, and they're not LRR. :mad: If I took the warranty claim though, they assured me that they would replace them with LRR Latitude Tours.

I was looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia They seem to be rated rather highly, and it looks like I can get a set for roughly the same price as Michelin is offering me. Anyone have experience with them? How do they ride, and how long might they last? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+H/L+422+Ecopia&partnum=37TR6HL422

2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

I don't think I ever replaced the original tires that were on my 2006 MMH in the 7 years I had it. I was tempted to try a narrower tread width, maybe 215 or 225s. I've always liked Yokohama tires and had them on a 94 Cherokee Sport. Shortly after I got those, Yokohama came out with the Geolander model. Lo and behold, that's what came on the Subaru. I like them so far. I have no idea if they are LRR, but I don't really care. They roll well enough. :)

edit: I take that back. I *must* have replaced the MMH tires with the same as original. Sorry, brain fade...

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

Here's my top 4 I've narrowed it down to. The Scorpions are a little more than I wanted to spend, but seem to be a really nice tire.

[​IMG]

TheFordFamily and BillLin like this.