Accurate Fuel Bowsers

Discussion in 'Fuel' started by Big Kev, May 20, 2016.

1. Big Kev

Big Kev New Member

For those keen to know accurately what their fuel consumption it is important you find a service station with bowsers that are accurate.

I have found that some stations are run by dodgy brothers inc., where I'm sure they pay the Gibarco mechanics a cash bonus to make sure they under-deliver.

By recording fuel consumption every day on my car I have discovered that some bowsers give me more than I pay for and others rip me off by up to 20%!

As a result I have managed to get over 500 litres of free fuel in the past 3.5 years.

By filling up at the same (favourable bowser ave +3%) every day at the same station I can compare apples with apples.....rather than apples with bananas.

Cheers,
    Big Kev_Downunder

BillLin likes this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Um , Kev........ a lot of us are wondering what a "bowser" is. Is it a fuel pump ? Here , we mostly assume ( at least I do) that the pumps are periodically inspected and are pretty accurate. Once , I filled at a station in a very small town in Pennsylvania (you know , where Dracula lives) and suspected that it was charging me for 11 gallons when I was pretty sure I couldn't have used more than 10.2.

I also try to fill at the same station , same bowser, every time.

BillLin likes this.