Rollin Coal Idiot spewing smoke Ford TD pickup

Discussion in '4x4's, SUV's and P/U Trucks' started by phoebeisis, Apr 10, 2016.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

Friday i was behind a Ford Diesel Pickup.
    Every time it accelerated-it looked like 1965 caught behind a city bus
    HUGE STINKIN' Black cloud of crap spewing out the exhaust.
    Not even OLD- really old-Dump trucks(plenty around here) spew crap like that
    Well at a red-light-I got close enough to read a decal on his rear window
    Rollin Coal
    I
    looked it up-sure enough it is an aftermarket TD pickup company
    I had heard there were such things-
    but this was the first time I came across it
    Luckily I wasn't armed-2:50 pm-
    Hadn't gotten a snoot full of sooty crap like that in at least 20 years

BillLin likes this.
  2. TheFordFamily

TheFordFamily Well-Known Member

This is part of why I advocate for safety and emissions inspections. Imagine how dirty that air is, especially compared to the Volkswagen fiasco. But you don't see the politicians all up in arms about this!

BillLin likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Sad. This is one thing that gets my wife rolling up the windows, hitting recirc and AC, all of which is detrimental to our mpg. Oh well, AC's got to be run every so often, to circulate the oil.

BillLin likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I'm so glad that the Neanderthals in our area haven't figured this one out yet. I'm sure that if I go about 20 miles west of Aurora . someone is feeling pretty proud of himself for belching huge clouds of black smoke.

BillLin likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Seems like the "histogram" of attitude is like bedposts: a lot of conscientious folks at one extreme, and the idiots at the other. Same thing in other areas: we walk our dog along some wooded trails. Nice place, but there's always a few leaving a steady production of discarded fast food containers, cigarette packs, and a few wholesale garbage dumpers. If I find something resembling a container on our walks, I'll pick that up, and then start loading it with any subsequent garbage we come across. Sadly, most of it is recyclables.

BillLin likes this.
  6. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Like my local mini-market in the morning, there are always a parade of vehicles parked and left running while their owners roll into the store to play the lottery.

BillLin and Mendel Leisk like this.
  7. EdwinTheMagnificent

I see all too much of that here. But in Canada as well ? Awwww. I would gladly pick some of it up , but I'm usually on the bike when on these trails. If I can fill ONE bag with recyclables and/or trash AND find a place to unload it , I will do that. I can see it will take some planning.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  8. EdwinTheMagnificent

With super-cheap fuel and the popularity of remote starters , I see MANY cars sitting idling these days. It makes me angry. I also see signs ( mostly around some schools) that prohibit idling. Not sure if anyone obeys those, either. Americans don't like being told what to do.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  9. Mendel Leisk

Employees with utility vans, the city, postmen, cops, seem to be the most prone to pointless idling around here. That and bubble people, sitting texting, with the windows up and AC running.

10. Die2self

Die2self Saving more by using less!

That is what they call 'Sooting'. They remove emissions controls to be able to dump huge black clouds when they press on the go pedal. I think it should be fine just noise pollution from stereos to load and motorcycles that don't have any muffers. They all ruin a nice day that everyone else is trying to enjoy with out being bombarded by someone else's nonsense.

11. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

sad thing is the rollin coal thing gives all diesel cars/trucks a black eye

wxman likes this.
  12. Die2self

Die2self Saving more by using less!

Don't you mean 'black lung'? ;)

BillLin likes this.