Child car seats suck!

Discussion in 'Traffic and Safety' started by xcel, Mar 10, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

I have been moving this Alpha Omega Elite car seat between Hyundai's, Chevrolet's, Nissan's, Honda's and Toyota's over the past few months. All I have to say is I feel for parents everywhere moving child seats from car to car.

I do not know if it is design or they are simply a PIA but this is a PIA.

Sorry parents everywhere and I feel your pain.

#parents #childseats are a #PainInTheAss #FeelYourPain #sorry

Wayne
    FB_IMG_1457640008855.jpg

Mendel Leisk and Prozac like this.
  2. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Oh I know it. I like to climb in and kneel on the seat to press it down for easier cinching. It helps. Or in the van with reclining seats, start with the seat back a bit, tighten it up, then move the seatback forward for a little more tightness.

Thankfully I'm down to one Car Seat and others in boosters. Those are easier - just plop it in and they use the car's belt. And one is graduated to nothing at all. :D

3. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I will only have to worry about that once I reach Grandpa stage. That, hopefully, will not be for quite a while, lol.

4. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

They also completely negate that old saying about cozy back seats being "only for children". These seats are as big as an adult, or more.

Rear facing infant seats are even worse. My Fit has a generous back seat. I'm 6'2" (188cm) and I can "sit behind myself" without my knees touching. But an infant seat back there? I have to slide forward a few clicks. A baby takes up more legroom than I do!

Prozac likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Last grandkid out of booster seat (for now...), man, I've dealt with a lot of the buggers. Uh, the seats, not the kids, lol.

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I haven't seen a child seat up close in a long time. No grandchildren yet , but I think Shannon and Steve might reproduce one of these years. But they've only been married a bit less than 3 years.