Hyundai Set to Reveal a Hat Trick in Geneva

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Feb 29, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Alternative fuel leadership starts with long term planning and ends with success.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Feb. 29, 2016

2017 Hyundai IONIQ Design - A purified hybrid, resembling the flow of air leading to the future of efficient mobility.

This week at the Geneva Motor Show 2016, Hyundai will be introducing its all-new triple threat in the form of Hyundai IONIQ in HEV, BEV and PHEV form. The IONIQ is an uncompromising efficient and utility packed design with better than expected ride and handling qualities thanks in part to an independent rear suspension plus like all Hyundai’s, includes the latest connectivity and safety technologies at what we hope is a value price.

The IONIQ HEV and IONIQ PHEV are built around the hyper efficient direct injected and atkinsonized 1.6 GDI I4 with thermodynamic efficiency > 40 percent. This engine is mated to a std. wide ratio, smooth and quick shifting 6-speed dual-clutch AT.

The IONIQ HEVs 43 hp electric motor delivers a maximum torque of 125 lb-ft. of torque from 0 RPM an is powered by an LGChem sourced 1.56 kWh Li-Ion polymer battery located under the rear seats.

The HEV drivetrain provides a combined output of 139 hp and up to 195 lb-ft. of torque accelerating to a top speed of 115 mph.

The IONIQ PHEV-31 (NEDC) is powered by an 8.9 kWh Li-Ion polymer battery. The 60 hp electric motor is mated to the same 1.6 GDI I4 that powers the HEV.

The IONIQ BEV uses a 28 kWh Li-Ion polymer battery for an estimated range of over 100 miles on our own EPA. The instantly available maximum torque of 218 lb-ft is delivered by the electric motor with maximum output of 118 hp through the single-speed reducer transmission accelerating the car up to 102 mph.

What About IONIQ Connectivity?

The IONIQ features Android Auto, Apple Car Play and in Europe, Tom Tom live services and wireless charging of your smartphone. All of this is dispelled through a std. 7-inch TFT instrument cluster.

IONIQ Safety

How about Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist System, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Smart Cruise Control. I am not sure that will be std. or part of a package?

Blue accents in the IONIQ HEV and IONIQ PHEV emphasize specific exterior and interior highlights. The IONIQ Electric features exclusive copper colored accents, creating an impression that electricity flows through the car’s interior.

The All-New Hyundai IONIQ Line-up will celebrate its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show on March 1 during the Hyundai Press Conference at 10:30 CET on the Hyundai stand (No. 1040).

Livestreaming of the press conference at the Geneva Motor Show will be available at: Hyundai at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show.

Broadcast of pre-Show begins at 10:15 CET on Tuesday 1 March 2016.

The Triple Threat - 2017 Hyundai IONIQ Lineup

[​IMG]

The U.S. introduction will occur in NY at the NYIAS on March 23rd.

Jay and BillLin like this.
  2. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

I will be there at the show, digging up all the obscure facts about the Ioniq and its technologies.
    It's just a couple of weeks away!

JonNC, xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. xcel

Hi Chris:

This year I will too!

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I'll be there too if only in spirit. Can't wait for Geneva. There are lots of details about the Ioniq on Hyundai's Korean website. Unfortunately, I know no Korean. Hopefully, we can get some detailed info soon on the US website.

BillLin and xcel like this.
  5. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Super Moderator

Good to hear about Android Auto and Apple Car Play support. I want Waze on my next car since I live in the red light capital of the US. Another manufacturer missed the boat when they released the Gen 4 version of their hybrid which lacks support for Android or Apple solutions. I want my own music player and my own navigation program, not the one and only choice the other mfr offers.

6. xcel

Hi All:

I am setting up Video interviews with Hyundai Execs to talk about the IONIQ at the NYIAS on the 23rd and 24th. Within I sent this note to a friend at Hyundai:
    His reply was short and sweet.

It will be epic!

:D

Wayne

BillLin likes this.